Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi sdm1130, as others have pointed out, if you already have a one or three year Presidents Club membership, you will receive a credit for the unused portion of your dues when taking on the Presidential Plus card. You will in turn receive a new Presidents Club membership that corresponds to your cardmember anniversary date.
What about people with Lifetime PC membership?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:26 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
What about people with Lifetime PC membership?
I suspect you'll be dinged $100/year with no refund of your PC membership.
Also, important to note, the annual fee for Presidential Plus has increased to $395 per year, however, existing Presidential Plus cardmembers will maintain the $375 annual fee until further notice. In addition, Lifetime Presidents Club members will continue to enjoy a discounted $100 annual fee.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member

In addition, Lifetime Presidents Club members will continue to enjoy a discounted $100 annual fee.
Woo Hoo! As a lifetime PC member, this rocks. I was going to get rid of this card BUT NOT NOW.

This makes the card as good (in my mind) as the Amex Plat (which I dropped after I got the lifetime PC membership). The hotel program (free breakfast, upgrade, amenity) is great if you go to higher end resorts.

Last edited by elitefreak; Jun 3, 2010 at 11:42 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Bonehead
The proration (is that even a word?) depends on how many cheese bricks you've consumed this year...they keep track, you know.
So Rondele is exempt?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:44 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by elitefreak
So Rondele is exempt?
Yes, as they're hard to open.

Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:58 am

As a Lifetime PClub Member and a PPlus Card Holder, IMHO the best part of this card is the excellent call center in Columbus, OH.

Add in these new benefits and this card becomes a Centurion light.

Not bad CO/CHASE.

Dan
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SS255
This is great news, as my last statement closed on May 4, landing me less than $50 shy of the $15K threshold, and my flex EQM's don't post until my statement posts around the 5th of the month. Whew! I would have hated to miss out on 2K flex EQM's for less than $50.

Next question: I presume the clock for spending $5K "reset" on June 1, and basically everything we spent from the last $15K threshold until June 1 "doesn't count" toward $5K in spend for 1K flex EQM's (unless it was at least $5K)? That amounts to almost $2K for me, and I'm sure others are in the same boat. Since we were not given any advance notice of this, I hope that CO counts the money we spent while unknowingly "in purgatory."

I also presume that whatever we have spent from January 1 - May 31 counts towards the $25K calendar year spend for the 10K RDM's?
Where did you see that the Presidential Plus card gets EQM's and the RDM bonus?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by G2244
Thanks.

Quick question. If there are current promotions on my existing card (like 30 purchases per month giving bonus of 2500 miles) will switching to the new card make those invalid in any way? In the terms of that offer it said something like needing to have the exact same card through out the promo.
Scott, I am still wondering on this one. I found the offer details and this is the verbiage from the T&C that I am concerned about:
" Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. All OnePass terms and conditions apply. "

Does activating the new card that I will be automatically sent qualify as a "product change?"
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:24 pm

Without being a CO Insider nor a Chase rep, I'd guess they are referring to changes to which card you hold. That is, if you went from the PP to the OPP or to the Sapphire or some other CC product. "Changing" from one PP card to another shouldn't trigger that clause. But, like I said, IANACOINACR (too long?).

Now, all I'm waiting for is PP members to get Silver or some sort of super-Dirt/sub-Silver access to ELR at checkin (free access at T-18 or T-12?). I don't care for how United has two premium CC products with totally different benefits, distinguishing the RCC benefit from the E+ benefit. I would have thought that rolling E+ into the RCC card would have made more sense.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Yes, as they're hard to open.

How nice of you to remember!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I have had a PP card for the past six months, but have not placed any charges on it. (I figured that as a LT PC member the $99 fee was justified by Avis + Hyatt Status along with free bags on CO + drink discounts at the PC) With the new EQM I can justify using the Chase card in lieu of my AA MC. Thanks Scott, CO and Chase!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:18 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
With the new name - OnePass Plus MC - does that imply that the new FF program of UA-CO will be called OnePass Plus?

I don΄t think they would be changing the name of the master card and then eliminate the OnePass FF name.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
does that imply that the new FF program of UA-CO will be called OnePass Plus?
Yeah that is a good question. Is this the new mileage program?

I have a United Chase mastercard and wondered if they will be combined since it no longer makes sense for me to split my mileage on cards.

Also primary CDW was always part of the Chase world mastercard. It was one of the main reasons I felt good about paying the fee. I assume it was just added to the presidential plus?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Anyone have details of the hotel program. This is interesting to me as a PP carrier for the past 6mos.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
May I know whats the difference between the OnePass Plus card and the regular Continental credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.