Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by manneca
How do I make sure that Chase knows I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Clubs so I get the reduced rate? I got my card today and I asked the credit card company and they said I needed to contact CO to make sure. They had heard about it but no one could find it in writing.
It should be automatic, as they should have your OP # is the system, which would recognize your lifetime membership. Your $100 annual fee should appear on your first statement.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bushdog
I did a double take when I received it, thinking it was one of those fake cards, as well.

Hillarious about the store, though. That what an issuing bank gets for trying to muscle a network off the front of the card!
Totally agree with the look and feel of the new cards. I wonder if they are made out of carbon fiber or some other exotic material?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Still have yet to receive mine. Been a card holder since 2008 but no dice.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I got mine yesterday and have to agree with everything ctownflyer said about the card. I couldn't believe the account number was on the back. It does look like a fake card.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I got mine yesterday and have to agree with everything ctownflyer said about the card. I couldn't believe the account number was on the back. It does look like a fake card.
I've gotten quite used to it and am starting to like it, especially since my first batch of Flex EQMs has already posted.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by RNE
It's not going up for anyone who was a cardholder prior to June 1. Not yet, anyway.
Or a lifer!! Being Lifetime and having the card makes it so worth while. Last year I gained about 25K miles for $100. Plus the other benefits of the card!

Originally Posted by manneca
How do I make sure that Chase knows I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Clubs so I get the reduced rate? I got my card today and I asked the credit card company and they said I needed to contact CO to make sure. They had heard about it but no one could find it in writing.
I know that there was a special sign up number that I don't have any more. If you search for the original thread about this card I believe that the number is in that thread somewhere.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:28 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
I personally like the new card. Seems to be more durable than the old card...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:48 am

Is their a way to apply for the One Pass Plus by phone?

A previous thread had mentioned one could apply via phone at 1-888-MYCHASE, however that number is no longer available for phone applications. Is there another number where one could apply by phone?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: onepass
Got new Pplus Bus Card. It's the same !

I received my new Pplus Bus CC yesterday and it was the exact same card, but different expiration date. Instead of 12/12 now 01/13. I thought this was wierd. Have you guys noticed a delay in possting of flexible elite miles. Onepass miles were updated 6/20, but haven't recieved my flexible elite miles yet.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
+1 here. Just received my replacement card after an account compromise and it does look cheap and generic. However, the card now has the "World Elite" rather than the old "World" designation on the back, this may coincide with the change in card benefits.

I do see that if you go to http://mycontinentalcards.com that the Mastercard logo has mysteriously reappeared.... so this should appear on future PPMC cards after their initial stock is depleted.
Perhaps. But, I guess Chase didn't get the note that I had already ordered replacement cards and sent me some more (although, I should double check the expiration dates when I get home). The replacement replacements still have the Chase logo on the front instead of the MC.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:05 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by chiroterryusa
I received my new Pplus Bus CC yesterday and it was the exact same card, but different expiration date. Instead of 12/12 now 01/13. I thought this was wierd. Have you guys noticed a delay in possting of flexible elite miles. Onepass miles were updated 6/20, but haven't recieved my flexible elite miles yet.
I am having that problem too...I had well in excess of $10K in charges since 6/1...statement closed yesterday...only got the onepass miles and no flex miles...not cool...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
It should be automatic, as they should have your OP # is the system, which would recognize your lifetime membership. Your $100 annual fee should appear on your first statement.
Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: One or two :)
Originally Posted by eagle92
I am having that problem too...I had well in excess of $10K in charges since 6/1...statement closed yesterday...only got the onepass miles and no flex miles...not cool...
My flex miles did not post this month for the first month since I have had the card as well....

I was planning on converting my 21500 (should have been 22500) flex miles and calling to see if I can be granted Silver status early. I do have an upcoming flight next month to LHR which will definitely push me over the 25k threshold and will allow me to collect the extra (albeit small) Silver bonus miles. I suppose there's no harm in trying. At least it will be in place for the return, but the extra bonus miles would be good.

Has anybody recently tried to obtain Silver or next level up status early based on a flight that's already booked in their profile?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Bicostal
I got an invitation to sign up including an annual fee waiver ($395 in the first year). I had dropped my former Pres Plus card in January because I was switching to Delta for most of my domestic travel. I couldn't pass up this offer - even if only for the EQMs to maintain Platinum status by flying 2 TATLs a year.
agreed. I couldn't either. I've been using my AMEX card for 23 years now with membership rewards, but its now going to be collecting dust. I haven't applied for a new CC in 20 years.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
My flex miles did not post this month for the first month since I have had the card as well....

I was planning on converting my 21500 (should have been 22500) flex miles and calling to see if I can be granted Silver status early. I do have an upcoming flight next month to LHR which will definitely push me over the 25k threshold and will allow me to collect the extra (albeit small) Silver bonus miles. I suppose there's no harm in trying. At least it will be in place for the return, but the extra bonus miles would be good.

Has anybody recently tried to obtain Silver or next level up status early based on a flight that's already booked in their profile?
Yes, did that in March. Was slightly short of 25,000 EQMs, and had a trip booked to LHR. I called OnePass to see if a push to Silver was possible. They were kind enough to grant it after the representative I spoke with discussed it with his supervisor (Silver status was effective immediately). They put a condition that I needed to get around 3,000 EQM within 2 or 3 months to maintain status. That was not an issue with the LHR trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.