Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC on mixed UA / CO itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
SDC on mixed UA / CO itinerary

I need to move some flights around and co.com keeps ! 'ing me. I can only guess because the itinerary is mixed CO / UA(Ex). I called and they can make the change, but for the $150 change fee + fare difference.

The flight I'm connecting to is booked under a CO flight number.

Does anyone know if I can SDC these flights or am I SL?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I don't know whether the system is ready for that, I doubt it, especially given how slow CO has been on merging issues.

If you're Platinum (and presume similar for other elites with a small fee), and flying CO connection to UA, you should be able to move your CO flight to an earlier flight (assuming fare class is open), and then stand-by for earlier flight within 3 hours of original UA flight (often they don't care about the 3 hours rule, as long as it's before your originally scheduled flight).

If connecting UA to CO, then within 3 hours of original UA flight.

Btw, it's often better to do it with gate agents, who have more freedom to do this, rather than phone agents/online.

Good luck.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:05 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rubenj
I don't know whether the system is ready for that, I doubt it, especially given how slow CO has been on merging issues.

If you're Platinum (and presume similar for other elites with a small fee), and flying CO connection to UA, you should be able to move your CO flight to an earlier flight (assuming fare class is open), and then stand-by for earlier flight within 3 hours of original UA flight (often they don't care about the 3 hours rule, as long as it's before your originally scheduled flight).

If connecting UA to CO, then within 3 hours of original UA flight.

Btw, it's often better to do it with gate agents, who have more freedom to do this, rather than phone agents/online.

Good luck.
SDC for 1K/GS members is within 3 hours of the new flight, not the old. For example, you can be booked on a 7 p.m. flight and do an SDC to a 9 a.m. flight, you just can't confirm it before 6 a.m.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by danville 1K
SDC for 1K/GS members is within 3 hours of the new flight, not the old. You can be booked on a 7 p.m. flight and do an SDC to a 9 a.m. flight, you just can't confirm it before 6 a.m.
Good to know.

I'm going CO --> UA and trying to get later flights, which I guess explains why I can't get the system to do this. My CO flight is greater than 6 hours in length so I reckon I'm stuck with my original itinerary, as I wouldn't be able to confirm moving my UA flight before I board my CO.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:32 pm

Another question along these lines. A friend will soon be traveling on an itinerary with a CO leg connecting to an LH leg on his oubound journey - all on CO paper.

Am I wrong in assuming he can to a SDC to a direct CO operated flight (same dep & arr airports)?

Thank you
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I've been caught out on one point related to the SDC process which may be applicable in this case:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-us...romoCode=A1631

The first rule says "The itinerary must be wholly operated by Continental**" - I've been told I couldn't make a SDC on a LHR-EWR flight before because on the outbound I'd flown EWR-DUB-LHR, with DUB-LHR on BD.

Of course, common sense would indicate that this shouldn't apply when the flights are on CO/UA but you never know.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by star_world

The first rule says "The itinerary must be wholly operated by Continental**" - I've been told I couldn't make a SDC on a LHR-EWR flight before because on the outbound I'd flown EWR-DUB-LHR, with DUB-LHR on BD.
I somehow missed that important bit of information! Thanks for poiting it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.