Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO.com seat maps representing new BF vs. old BF seats? Reliable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever

Howdy all,

I have posted this question previously in the bx and have received... well.... nothing but ... , but I am still confused here and cannot find an answer.

I am booked NRT-IAH in BF in a few weeks, and when it was ticketed and I went to CO.O.L to reserve my seat, I got very excited to see the seat map clearly marked and displaying the new BF lie-flat seats. Well, I refer to the reservation on a daily basis to get my excitement level up for my upcoming Wednesday 5/19 departure for this trip....and I noticed a few days ago that the seat map is not displaying a non-lie-flat BF cabin...just the standard seat map.

Now, I take these things with a grain of salt, but does this mean that CO had a new BF-equipped plane on the route originally, and now it is an old BF-equipped plane? Is the CO.O.L. seat map a reliable source of reference for the trip-7?

Many thanks!! ^
Old May 16, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Howdy all,

I have posted this question previously in the bx and have received... well.... nothing but ... , but I am still confused here and cannot find an answer.

I am booked NRT-IAH in BF in a few weeks, and when it was ticketed and I went to CO.O.L to reserve my seat, I got very excited to see the seat map clearly marked and displaying the new BF lie-flat seats. Well, I refer to the reservation on a daily basis to get my excitement level up for my upcoming Wednesday 5/19 departure for this trip....and I noticed a few days ago that the seat map is not displaying a non-lie-flat BF cabin...just the standard seat map.

Now, I take these things with a grain of salt, but does this mean that CO had a new BF-equipped plane on the route originally, and now it is an old BF-equipped plane? Is the CO.O.L. seat map a reliable source of reference for the trip-7?

Many thanks!! ^
A for you....just kidding

For a while CO.O.L was showing those flat-beds ...but as you rightly guessed, this was just CO.O.L-Aid.
I have a EWR-FRA coming up next month...it showed flat-beds for some days. Nowadays shows the regular BF cabin.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
You never know until about 2 days out.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Yes you are correct. I wish CO would not show misleading seat maps on a random basis.

At least, thankfully, I never believed that seat map thanks to the knowledge from the thread here on the flat-beds.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snod08
Yes you are correct. I wish CO would not show misleading seat maps on a random basis.
They have to put up "a" seatmap for you to choose the seat, no? Perhaps they need to put a disclaimer in.

And now, the chance of getting flat-bed is higher than not getting one.

Edit: And I should add that I'd think people who picked 11AB and got reassigned to 1AB instead would be less angry than those who picked 1AB and then reassigned to 11AB.

Last edited by rkkwan; May 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm
Old May 16, 2010, 7:50 pm

They have to put up "a" seatmap for you to choose the seat, no? Perhaps they need to put a disclaimer in.
Right again!

^^
Old May 16, 2010, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever

actually, if my emails from CO.O.L. are right...they are exactly 50%/50% right now, right?
Old May 17, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
On a recent BF award trip to PVG about 2 weeks ago, the outbound EWR-PVG flight seatmap on COOL was showing the flatbeds, while my NRT-EWR, I had to make a stop on the way back to keep the mileage at the SuperSaver level, was showing the old cabin formation. Yet, when I got on the plane in NRT, there were flatbeds.

No, I didn't check the seating again online less than 2 days before the flight because I was resigned to whatever it was going to be.
Old May 17, 2010, 2:21 am
jmp

actually, if my emails from CO.O.L. are right...they are exactly 50%/50% right now, right?
If all of the 777s were in service, that would be the case, but one of the ones with the old configuration is in the process of being converted. In the remaining fleet, there is one more aircraft with the new configuration than with the old.
-JMP
Old May 17, 2010, 5:10 am
Suspended

and even then you may not know

Im on the 85 on Thurs 5/20, so since its the previous days 84 out of EWR i thought id simply see what ship # the 84 is on Weds and I will know what my flight will be

Nope, seems the 84 on Weds 5/19 is ship #10 leaves EWR @ 4pm , where is it coming from well accordding to CO ship #10 on Weds is arriving from TLV as the 85 due in as scheduled at 4:35pm! so somehow ship #10 will be departing EWR on 5/19 @ 4pm even thou it wont be landing from TLV till 4:35pm. Id Love to see CO pull this off as is
Old May 17, 2010, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmp
If all of the 777s were in service, that would be the case, but one of the ones with the old configuration is in the process of being converted. In the remaining fleet, there is one more aircraft with the new configuration than with the old.
-JMP
A-ha! :-: Thanks.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM but covet Qatar Q-Suites
Important to note that flatbeds are NOT assigned only to specific routes. If you're on a 777, you have a better-than-50% chance of getting one.

Mrs. CAL's flight to HKG today was showing a standard-seat BF cabin on co.com yesterday, but today shows the flatbed. Actually, I discovered it by seeing the seatmap on pda.continental.com that showed 1AB and 5KL with dashes instead of X or O, indicating those seats were not available for some reason. I decided to check the "Where is this aircraft coming from" link on pda.co.com and saw "777 #14 from NRT", and then looked up the aircraft on co.com's page here: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...7bflatbed.aspx

Does anyone know how far in advance CO assigns the actual aircraft?

(FWIW, Mrs. CAL txt'd from the plane to say CO's lieflat was nicer than AA's International First Class flatbed seat, and her standards are pretty high.)
Old May 17, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
And for every flight that gains a lie flat BF cabin, one loses it. Yesterday co.com showed CO 50 tonight as lie flat and I grabbed 10E. Today, it's now a "standard BF" cabin, so I hurried up and checked in to move up to row 9.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALfly5
Important to note that flatbeds are NOT assigned only to specific routes.
Actually, hasn't CO released a statement that all aircraft servicing LHR will be lie-flat BF equipped?
Old May 17, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, hasn't CO released a statement that all aircraft servicing LHR will be lie-flat BF equipped?
Yes, the key words are will be. More specifically, June 1. They are not assigned specifically route now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.