Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Upgrade Changes – Eff. Jun. 1, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:58 am
jnr

Programs: AA Platinum, CO Gold
DFW-LIM

I am thoroughly disappointed. I had asked for a status match on CO for me and my husband mostly for the complementary upgrade option, since we will be commuting between DFW and LIM and it is much more convenient to fly through Houston that through MIA.
I got our tickets on May 13th and then matched, so I found out about the change in policy afterwards.
Now flying AA through MIA with upgrades w miles is just as good an option.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Exclamation EWR-LIM going weekly?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I just noticed that EWR-LIM goes weekly (Saturday only) from September 7.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
This flight always take a short "break". It is back on 12/16/2010 to daily.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:54 pm

i noticed that in december, IAH-LIM is operated by a 753. are they still charging the BF fee for that flight, if the AC is domestic config? maybe its and error.

id be so po'd if i paid to upgrade to BF and got stuck on the 753. does that AC even have the range?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dlen111
i noticed that in december, IAH-LIM is operated by a 753. are they still charging the BF fee for that flight, if the AC is domestic config? maybe its and error.

id be so po'd if i paid to upgrade to BF and got stuck on the 753. does that AC even have the range?
The 753 has the range to do IAH-ANC, which is ~130nm longer than IAH-LIM.

I doubt that the upgrade fee would apply since it is not BF metal or service on the 753.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Hmmmm... Methinks IAH-LIM is no longer BF, and is once again "International Business." If I try to book the front cabin for IAH-LIM, it shows Int'l business, not BF (and my fake booking is for next week, mind you). And if I try to book an economy ticket and upgrade, it's only miles (no fee). But I think EWR-LIM is still BF. If I try to book front cabin for EWR-LIM, it shows as BF. Also, if I try to book an economy ticket and upgrade, it's miles+fee. Finally, if you look at the BF dining page, there are only menus for EWR-LIM.

Conclusion: IAH-LIM is back to Int'l Business status. The big question now is: Is IAH-LIM eligible for EUA once again? (The elite upgrades info page indicates that it isn't, but I wonder if that's outdated.)
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cjgibson
Conclusion: IAH-LIM is back to Int'l Business status. The big question now is: Is IAH-LIM eligible for EUA once again?
This would be an operational nightmare in LIM. Two flights, departing minutes apart, with completely different policies in place. That will be a mess.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmmm... Methinks IAH-LIM is no longer BF, and is once again "International Business." If I try to book the front cabin for IAH-LIM, it shows Int'l business, not BF (and my fake booking is for next week, mind you). And if I try to book an economy ticket and upgrade, it's only miles (no fee). But I think EWR-LIM is still BF. If I try to book front cabin for EWR-LIM, it shows as BF. Also, if I try to book an economy ticket and upgrade, it's miles+fee. Finally, if you look at the BF dining page, there are only menus for EWR-LIM.

Conclusion: IAH-LIM is back to Int'l Business status. The big question now is: Is IAH-LIM eligible for EUA once again? (The elite upgrades info page indicates that it isn't, but I wonder if that's outdated.)
I don't remember there being menus ever for the faux-BF IAH-LIM flight. The only LIM related menu I ever saw was the one for the EWR-LIM flight.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I wonder if their just putting the 753 for the holiday season only.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Inti
I wonder if their just putting the 753 for the holiday season only.
Based on COinsider's OP, flights from the "the U.S. to Lima" will now require a copay to upgrade as they "better align" their flights due to length.

NEVER did he make a mention that it was only going to be EWR-LIM. However, as stated previously, only EWR-LIM has been added to the BF dining page.

im thinking CO is starting something slightly fishy. it seems EWR-LIM will require a BF copay plus miles and will be considered BF. IAH-LIM has lost its EUA eligibility but will only require miles to upgrade and it will be marketed as domestic FC/Intl BC. that will allow CO to swap AC as they see fit. this is just what im thinking is going on.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlen111
im thinking CO is starting something slightly fishy. it seems EWR-LIM will require a BF copay plus miles and will be considered BF. IAH-LIM has lost its EUA eligibility but will only require miles to upgrade and it will be marketed as domestic FC/Intl BC. that will allow CO to swap AC as they see fit. this is just what im thinking is going on.
Well, if this is what's happening, then I'll speculate that they're discovering there is not enough demand to run a BusinessFirst type service between IAH and LIM. IIRC, CO Insider said upthread (I'm not going to re-read) that they are always evaluating the LIM (and other) routes and their current analysis showed it could support a BF product (never mind that it's BF-lite) which is why they adjusted the co-pays. They may have even raised the fares; not sure.
And now after a few months they're finding that their analysis & outlook was incorrect, at least on the IAH route.

Either that or they have a better use for the 752 on another route or really need the extra capacity with the 753.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

I just checked, IAH-LIM is still showing International Business not BF. Any update? Is it eligible for EUA again?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I just checked, IAH-LIM is still showing International Business not BF. Any update? Is it eligible for EUA again?
Have not heard anything yet.

I do have a feeling this route will see some big changes in the near future.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by kuwaito
I have flown IAH-LIM for the past 13 years at least 4 times a year (some years 20 times). I understand the reasons of the distance vs the service to be provided as a BF route but I am not sure if CO has considered the following reasons:
1) Most people that fly in South America are not CO Elites or any kind of * Star Elites. This is due to the short distances of the countries there and that most people (tourists) will come to the states once or twice a year only.
2) Offering a truly BF product will not attact more costumers as stated in 1) since most passengers are not business passengers.

As as result, i think we will see many flights to LIM going with an empty BF cabin. IMO this is just a way of CO to attempt to collect more revenue via the fees to be charged in this route.
Like I said a few months ago, IAH - LIM is not a route for BF.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:15 pm

As of a week or so ago IAHLIM is no longer considered a BF flight and is now eligible for Elite upgrades. EWRLIM is still BF and not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.