Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Upgrade Changes – Eff. Jun. 1, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Just got two emails from Continental. My tickets have been reissued and the two segments not already upgrade have now been upgraded! CO and CO Insider are true to thier word.

Of course this doesn't reduce the sting of losing this perk!
Old May 12, 2010, 8:04 pm

My standard EUAs for travel this weekend hit in their usual windows...and got the reconfirmation email upgrading a trip in Sept that I purchased on Monday.
Old May 12, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Just got two emails from Continental. My tickets have been reissued and the two segments not already upgrade have now been upgraded! CO and CO Insider are true to thier word.
looks like my phone call worked ;-)
Old May 13, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: CO Plat
At this point, I am hoping that the new United implements E+ seating for all its planes. This could be a good alternative to all its elite member who can't pay the upgrades (miles + cash) but still get a better treatment than a non-elite passenger. Specially on the LIM route that involves a 6+ hours flight
Old May 13, 2010, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kuwaito
At this point, I am hoping that the new United implements E+ seating for all its planes. This could be a good alternative to all its elite member who can't pay the upgrades (miles + cash) but still get a better treatment than a non-elite passenger. Specially on the LIM route that involves a 6+ hours flight
Yeah, well how about those 14+ hour flights to China and India?
Old May 19, 2010, 6:05 am
Original Member

Is anyone else still waiting for a Lima flight to be upgraded? I have a roundtrip in early August, purchased on May 10, and there's plenty of space in first on both the outbound and return. So based on what CO Insider has said, it should be upgraded. But it hasn't yet, and it seems like the other people posting in this thread all had their flights upgraded last week. So I'm starting to worry that the process missed me. Do any of the rest of you have flights that should have been upgraded and aren't yet? Or am I the only one?
Old May 19, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I missed this announcement until today. Count me in for a big . I fly this route on occasion from EWR. It's a long(ish) flight, big deal. It's not a BF product. Don't try to sell it as one.

The downward slide for CO cntinues.
Old May 19, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roberton
Is anyone else still waiting for a Lima flight to be upgraded? I have a roundtrip in early August, purchased on May 10, and there's plenty of space in first on both the outbound and return. So based on what CO Insider has said, it should be upgraded. But it hasn't yet, and it seems like the other people posting in this thread all had their flights upgraded last week. So I'm starting to worry that the process missed me. Do any of the rest of you have flights that should have been upgraded and aren't yet? Or am I the only one?
The headline on CO Insider's post said "Traveling Jun. 1 or after, but booked before May 10? We’ve got you covered."

Did you book after you saw this announcement?
Old May 19, 2010, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by trm2
The headline on CO Insider's post said Traveling Jun. 1 or after, but booked before May 10? We’ve got you covered.

Did you book after you saw this announcement?
CO Insider clarified that seats booked on the 10th, even after the announcement, would be included in the pool that got the complimentary upgrade.

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
I missed this announcement until today. Count me in for a big . I fly this route on occasion from EWR. It's a long(ish) flight, big deal. It's not a BF product. Don't try to sell it as one.
But, but, but now you get a printed menu and an ice cream sundae. You're doing WAY better than the folks flying from IAH; they don't even get the ice cream.

It is a very expensive ice cream sundae.
Old May 19, 2010, 9:24 am

yes

Originally Posted by roberton
yes, a friend of mine traveling with me is still waiting on a flight lim-ewr in early september. calling the opsc or the elite line gets me nowhere except a rubber room after listening to the looping annoucements while on hold.

i did write an email to [email protected] regarding my reservation but it seemed to upgrade automatically before they even acknowledged my email.
Old May 19, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
CO Insider clarified that seats booked on the 10th, even after the announcement, would be included in the pool that got the complimentary upgrade.

But, but, but now you get a printed menu and an ice cream sundae. You're doing WAY better than the folks flying from IAH; they don't even get the ice cream.

I'd rather not have the ice cream. It's much easier to stick to my diet without the added temptation.
Old May 19, 2010, 9:59 am

capacity control?

it seems that capacity controls are limiting some of the upgrades. did anyone else have the impression that this would not be the case from the announcement from co-insider?
Old May 19, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by sbm12

I was going to book the same day of the announcement and after learning about this then I decided to pass. $700ish AI tickets were a dealbreaker as well.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by wcalvert
I was going to book the same day of the announcement and after learning about this then I decided to pass. $700ish AI tickets were a dealbreaker as well.
I checked the day of the announcement, and couldn't find anything for less than $1100 for next year out of LAX, or even higher out of PHX. From what I could see only B fares or higher were available for the days I was interested in. (February-March dates)
Old May 21, 2010, 7:10 am
Original Member

The upgrade showed up late yesterday. So I was worrying unnecessarily (or someone from CO saw my post, figured out who I am from my username here, looked up the reservation, and upgraded it ).

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.