Flight Attendant Service IAH -HNL- IAH

Old May 7, 10, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Flight Attendant Service IAH -HNL- IAH

Flight CO1 - April 28, 2010 - Houston to Honolulu

Traveled in Economy - when me and my traveling companion raised an issue about TV monitors not working the Flight Attendant (I am sure he was from the Islands) snapped back at us - it could have been a easy response back to state that they would restart the programs - it was just the way the attitude was. We presumed he did to every passenger traveling in Economy.

Flight CO2 - May 5, 2010 - Honolulu to Houston
Traveled in Business First - We had the same flight attendant serving us in Business First - didnt seem to have any attitude change from the previous encounter. He was rude on most occassions - didnt offer the menu for Dinner till we asked another flight attendant - just the attitude was very different. Other customers were provided Business First Ammenity Kits - we werent.
Next morning breakfast when my traveling companion asked for some jam/jelly he was informed that it was over and when I got up saw not even 8 of the 20 passengers in Business First were having Breakfast. They collected our Headphones eagerly as if we were running away with them - yet the other passengers had the headphones even after the flight landed in Houston.

We both have traveled extensively with Continental and were quiet perplexed with the service levels? Not sure if we were discriminated against? But it seemed like others were provided the ammenities but we had to ask for it? We have traveled with other Airlines too and never encountered such rude behavior.

Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers? For a 7+ hour overnight flight a Amenity Kit doesnt cost the Airline any money? Why the disparity - when some were provided and us Were NOT??

We understand cost cutting means - no one is provided with the service - but preferntial treatment to some over others - thats not good business standard?

Continental Airlines has to learn a lot from other Airlines in terms of service levels provided either in Economy or Business First from other Airlines like Emirates, Singapore Airlines, etc.
Old May 7, 10, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sameerbhasin View Post
Other customers were provided Business First Ammenity Kits - we werent....Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers? For a 7+ hour overnight flight a Amenity Kit doesnt cost the Airline any money? Why the disparity - when some were provided and us Were NOT??
Are you sure others were given the amenity kit? I didn't think they gave them out on that route at all.
Old May 7, 10, 11:58 am

Programs: CO PLAT
Flight CO1 - April 28, 2010 - Houston to Honolulu

Traveled in Economy - when me and my traveling companion raised an issue about TV monitors not working the Flight Attendant (I am sure he was from the Islands) snapped back at us - it could have been a easy response back to state that they would restart the programs - it was just the way the attitude was. We presumed he did to every passenger traveling in Economy.

Flight CO2 - May 5, 2010 - Honolulu to Houston
Traveled in Business First - We had the same flight attendant serving us in Business First - didnt seem to have any attitude change from the previous encounter. He was rude on most occassions - didnt offer the menu for Dinner till we asked another flight attendant - just the attitude was very different. Other customers were provided Business First Ammenity Kits - we werent.
Next morning breakfast when my traveling companion asked for some jam/jelly he was informed that it was over and when I got up saw not even 8 of the 20 passengers in Business First were having Breakfast. They collected our Headphones eagerly as if we were running away with them - yet the other passengers had the headphones even after the flight landed in Houston.

We both have traveled extensively with Continental and were quiet perplexed with the service levels? Not sure if we were discriminated against? But it seemed like others were provided the ammenities but we had to ask for it? We have traveled with other Airlines too and never encountered such rude behavior.

Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers? For a 7+ hour overnight flight a Amenity Kit doesnt cost the Airline any money? Why the disparity - when some were provided and us Were NOT??

We understand cost cutting means - no one is provided with the service - but preferntial treatment to some over others - thats not good business standard?

Continental Airlines has to learn a lot from other Airlines in terms of service levels provided either in Economy or Business First from other Airlines like Emirates, Singapore Airlines, etc.
Was he an mid aged gayish (not that there is anything wrong with that) guy? I thought he was reassigned. If it is, I have had the same issues with him in the past. I haven't encountered him lately though. I make that trip every 30 days.
Old May 7, 10, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,

Amenity kits have been gone from HNL BF for a while now.... if others have received them it was not the norm. My last 3 BF trips to HNL have not had them.

YES it does cost them money for the kits.... they have cut out the warm ramekin dish for the nuts on HNL service. That amenity may not cost much but it DID cost something and they are pinching pennies where they can.

I was glad they brought back the ice cream sundae in BF, I could care less about the amenity kits.

My flights have always been enjoyable on CO 1+2, Daniel (and the rest of the crew) went above and beyond during my last trip to HNL! ^ The pilot even stopped to chat it up a little when I asked him a question! Of course YMMV.

Last edited by MBM3; May 7, 10 at 12:58 pm Reason: removed pic of CO staff
Old May 7, 10, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Sure it was - the grey colored Business First kits - I have received them on Trans Atlantic Flights; so I knew what they were...

Yes Houston 2mnl - I am presuming its the same guy we are talking about - we both frowned when we saw him on our return flight too - we knew it wasnt going to be pleasant.
Old May 7, 10, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Amenity kits being offered on IAH-HNL-IAH are an anomaly. What may have happened is a few were left on the a/c after a 'true' BF flight (where amenity kits are always offered) and the flight attendant gave them out to some pax as a one-off treat. Again, this is not the norm.

In general I have found the crew on CO1/2 to be consistently good, but there are a few F/As that routinely do CO72/73 whom I am very fond of. I have had some excellent flights on CO72/73.
Old May 7, 10, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Flight CO1 - April 28, 2010 - Houston to Honolulu - Traveled in Economy... the Flight Attendant snapped back at us... Flight CO2 - May 5, 2010 - Honolulu to Houston - Traveled in Business First - We had the same flight attendant serving us in Business First - didnt [sic] seem to have any attitude change from the previous encounter. He was rude on most occassions [sic]... We both have traveled extensively with Continental and were quiet perplexed with the service levels? [...] Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers?
Your profile says you're a Gold elite. So you know how CO typically treats its customers. In any company there are great, average, and bad employees. Clearly you've flown CO a lot, and clearly this seems like an anomaly to you. Therefore, you know this isn't how CO typically treats any of its passengers.

I'm not making an excuse for the service you received; clearly you were not satisfied. Why not contact WeCare and see what the response is?

Originally Posted by Houston2mnl View Post
Was he an mid aged gayish (not that there is anything wrong with that) guy?
In other news, what does a "gayish" person look like, or how does one act? Pretty awesome/creepy skill that you have, that you can look at someone and see what happens in his or her bedroom.
Old May 7, 10, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers?
Absolutely. FAs are trained in how to best annoy customers on a monthly basis to ensure that they maintain their caustic and aggressive behavior at the appropriate levels.
Old May 7, 10, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Absolutely. FAs are trained in how to best annoy customers on a monthly basis to ensure that they maintain their caustic and aggressive behavior at the appropriate levels.
They just upgraded their training center for this. It's a state of the art facility called EWR.
Old May 7, 10, 6:09 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE

Too funny....
Old May 7, 10, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Oh dear......UA 's already got enough of those but what the heck...the more the merrier right?
Old May 7, 10, 6:29 pm

Programs: United Global Services and 1MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rpcfly View Post
Oh dear......UA 's already got enough of those but what the heck...the more the merrier right?
No.

UA treats its top tier elites very well. Just ask any 1K.
Old May 7, 10, 6:38 pm

Programs: CO PLAT
Originally Posted by cjgibson View Post
In other news, what does a "gayish" person look like, or how does one act? Pretty awesome/creepy skill that you have, that you can look at someone and see what happens in his or her bedroom.
Well when someone is openly gay(not that there is anything wrong with that) it isn't very hard to detect.

What is pretty awesome/creepy is that it seems to have struck a very deep insecurity of yours(not that there is anything wrong with that) for you to reply in such a hostile manner. Especially in light of the OP immediately recognizing the description prior to your hostile and seemingly insecure(not that there is anything wrong with that) post.
Old May 7, 10, 9:54 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Not that there's anything wrong with any of that. LOL.
Old May 7, 10, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cjgibson View Post
Your profile says you're a Gold elite.

Why not contact WeCare and see what the response is?

Because he's a Gold Elite and knows that WE CARE doesn't care.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: