Which PC's Will Close/Consolidate?

Old May 4, 10, 9:24 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter View Post
When they close all the EWR clubs, passengers will be bussed between the LGA PClub (UA/CO's new flagship lounge in Nueva York) and EWR. P.S. First passengers from JFK will receive private burro transfers down a dedicated lane of the Van Wyck.
This is indeed disturbing news. I can't believe that CO would make such a foolish decision to close FLL and EWR! And to replace EWR with this 'service.'! My tush is very posh and to trek across the boroughs on a burro would be intolerable. @:-)

First it's the merger, than the logo, livery and font, now it's the clubs. What other crap is going to come out of this, no E+ and 29" pitch with ads on the seatbacks? Color me !
Old May 4, 10, 9:38 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ View Post

First it's the merger, than the logo, livery and font, now it's the clubs. What other crap is going to come out of this, no E+ and 29" pitch with ads on the seatbacks? Color me !
Until they start using the term 'World Class' i think we're ok.

Though I heard from my friend's sister's husband's aunt's third cousin that the new entity has already approached Popov about becoming the exclusive supplier of Vodka for the new airline.
Old May 4, 10, 9:41 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by channa View Post
United Express operated by Boca Airbus of Fort Lauderdale
Old May 4, 10, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
So how many votes say that the booze is not going to be free at the President's Carpet Club?
Old May 4, 10, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, Sixt-Plat
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh View Post
I wonder if Alex will be replaced by an exotic Indian babe with dark skin, full lips, almond shaped eyes, long flowing black hair...?
Gosh, I hope so.
Old May 4, 10, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA PPro- LT Gold, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The merger web site says:

Club Access
Members of the Red Carpet Club and Presidents Club already may use the other club, offering customers a total of 69 lounges around the world. After the merger closes, we plan to have an industry-leading airport club program that provides greater member service, enhanced accommodations and innovative new club features.
I wonder what the enhanced accommodations and innovative new club features will be?
How about some new clubs to compensate for the loss of some?
Old May 4, 10, 11:55 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by cova View Post
^

PHL and BWI come to mind right away.

Also can we *please* have a healthy option in the new lounge a la the veggies the RCC offers.
Old May 5, 10, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by fozz View Post

Though I heard from my friend's sister's husband's aunt's third cousin that the new entity has already approached Popov about becoming the exclusive supplier of Vodka for the new airline.
Bring your own brita

BYOB!
Old May 5, 10, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post

Also can we *please* have a healthy option in the new lounge a la the veggies the RCC offers.
Soylent Green?

It says 'soy' so it must be good! and it also says GREEN, therefore it is greatness personified...oops personified is not the right term, or is it?
Old May 5, 10, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA 1K, WN A-List, CM PresPlat, Marriott Plat
While veggies would be nice, I would be okay with veggie burgers.
Old May 5, 10, 12:18 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD

I wonder what the enhanced accommodations and innovative new club features will be?
Every time I've seen that word (enhanced) on DL or CO it has meant something I won't like is about to happen.
Old May 5, 10, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter View Post
AUS - Gone
No way is AUS closing. We have the largest number of Elites outside of the hubs. AND our Willa was just named the PC Diamond Gem for 2009. For those of you who don't know what that means, she's the top PC agent worldwide.
Old May 5, 10, 1:28 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by suzanneaustin View Post
No way is AUS closing. We have the largest number of Elites outside of the hubs. AND our Willa was just named the PC Diamond Gem for 2009. For those of you who don't know what that means, she's the top PC agent worldwide.
I just finished posting in another thread about AUS before I saw this. It literally brought on a case of sniffles and red eyes. I can't believe I missed the news. I am so happy for Willa, and I'm sure there were at least one or two more at AUS who made the "finals." It's great to see the airline give formal recognition when recognition is due.

And now--"Onward through the fog."
Old May 5, 10, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
PHL and BWI come to mind right away.
There is already a (small) RCC at PHL, which, surprisingly, has remained open.
Old May 5, 10, 8:14 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

Originally Posted by sushibear View Post
Every time I've seen that word (enhanced) on DL or CO it has meant something I won't like is about to happen.
I used to love hearing the word enhancements until DL/NW ruined it for me. I certainly would not get excited until this plays out completely. DL promised to take the best from both, but so far most in the DL forum would not agree that this is what happened...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: