Which PC's Will Close/Consolidate?

Old May 4, 10, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA 1K, WN A-List, CM PresPlat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by belynch View Post

ConUniHound
. Just wait till the UA folks get word of CO's industry leading bus service. :-::-:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw CO/UA execs at HPN in discussion to convert part of that flughafen into the flagship NYC area lounge.
Old May 4, 10, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by Scott6067 View Post
The sad part is the new PC in SAT will be half the size of the current one according to the people working at SAT as the airport refused to give them any more space for the club. That will be a lose especially as CO currently doesnt have a partner in the same terminal as they use.
I thought when the new terminal opened you are supposed to be able to transit between the terminals? Seems to make sense now that UA/CO combination could focus on the new terminal, to keep the PC open.
Old May 4, 10, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Odds on LAS better?

I was (am) worried about Las Vegas PC. Never seems too crowded (and maybe subject to closing?). Hopefully, combined ops will be in D and future of lounge there assured. Please.....
Old May 4, 10, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter View Post
EWR - Gone
PTY - Gone
FLL - Gone
HNL - Gone
Why in the world would FLL be gone?? If anything, it needs to expand.
Old May 4, 10, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post

The New UA will probably try to eliminate FLL and PBI like they did in the past. After the local media gets wind of all the anti-merger protests down there, the new company will likely lose what's left of its market share and be forced to cede the market to US, DL, and AA.

I'd be surprised if we see any more than an RJ or two in FLL and PBI in a year.

Old May 4, 10, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Old May 4, 10, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I was (am) worried about Las Vegas PC. Never seems too crowded (and maybe subject to closing?). Hopefully, combined ops will be in D and future of lounge there assured. Please.....
No chance of that closing. It is a profitable club as I understand it.
Old May 4, 10, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by channa View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. With CO's LatAm service (and marketing), LAX is probably a hub slated for growth, so they'd want to hang onto that T6 club.

I believe UA has the master lease on some of the T6 gates they're subleasing to other carriers.
Also, the RCC at LAX is busting at the seams during peak travel times. They would have to turn people away at the doors if the PC'ers from terminal 6 were consolidated over here.
Old May 4, 10, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
That's a pretty picture. So why exactly would the FLL club be closing?
Old May 4, 10, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA 1K, WN A-List, CM PresPlat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
It is always busy when I have frequented the club. Also, LAS is one of the larger non-hub O/D airports for both airlines.
Old May 4, 10, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
EWR - Gone
PTY - Gone
FLL - Gone
HNL - Gone
SEA - Gone
SAT - Gone
AUS - Gone

New Clubs that Will be Built:
ALA
LYR
KEF
BRW
MVD
BJL
When they close all the EWR clubs, passengers will be bussed between the LGA PClub (UA/CO's new flagship lounge in Nueva York) and EWR. P.S. First passengers from JFK will receive private burro transfers down a dedicated lane of the Van Wyck.
I'm afraid I cannot disclose the reasoning behind why EWR and FLL clubs are closing, why LGA will be the new flagship club (with personalized burro-transfers to JFK for P.S. Passengers!), and why new clubs will be opening in Banjul, Barrow, and Longyearbyen. I fear I have already said too much. I hope that's not the SEC at the door.
Old May 4, 10, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
For those who haven't figured it out, half the posts in this thread are about as sarcastic as one can get. :-:
@:-)
Old May 4, 10, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.

Maybe non-cartoon form is more easily comprehended.
Old May 4, 10, 5:48 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
Any speculation on AMEX Platinum's relationship? Will my AMEX Plat. card get me in the new Red President's Carpet Club (or whatever they're going to call it)

Seems to me that since this deal involves a buyout of OC by UA that UA would take on CO contractual agreements (unless, of course, these agreements would allow for outs in the case of an M and A...which they likely do)

Indeed, any thoughts on whether the new UA will participate in Amex's Membership Miles program? One would think that the new UA would be too big and too concentrated in places of power and money (NYC, Cali., D.C.) for Amex to ignore.
Old May 4, 10, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by senatorgirth View Post
Any speculation on AMEX Platinum's relationship? Will my AMEX Plat. card get me in the new Red President's Carpet Club (or whatever they're going to call it)
Yup, including a couple threads in the AmEx forum, too.

Originally Posted by senatorgirth View Post
Indeed, any thoughts on whether the new UA will participate in Amex's Membership [Rewards] program? One would think that the new UA would be too big and too concentrated in places of power and money (NYC, Cali., D.C.) for Amex to ignore.
CO and AmEx have had a somewhat "stressed" relationship of late, with CO not offering transfer bonuses for some time now and last year pulling out of the IAP deal. My guess is that the contract includes a M&A clause and that the entire relationship will be severed. AmEx might not want to ignore the new carrier, but they also might not be invited to the table at a reasonable price point so they might just have to give up.

But that is just random desk-chair CEO-ing of contracts that I've never seen and never will.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: