Search

Ohio set to off CO/UA money to stay at CLE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ohio set to off CO/UA money to stay at CLE

Good luck with that!

But if the good citizens of Ohio will pay for it . . . .

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in..._strength.html
Old May 1, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: CO Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm all for it. CLE is awesome as a home airport.
Old May 1, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: OnePass,MileagePlus
I say save the Cleveland Hub, All those Jobs lost would not be good!
Old May 1, 2010, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I'm glad that this is already at the State level (as opposed to being left to Cleveland local officials). I'm not so sure it will help, but ..... *crosses fingers*
Old May 1, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I would wager that CLE hangs around as a hublet post-merger. According to reports, it enjoys a very healthy mix of O&D to flow traffic, and a strong local market is the key to a profitable domestic hub. Merger or no merger, that traffic isn't going away, and it's very loyal to CO. I'm sure the carrier will have no qualms taking whatever state aid is offered, however.
Old May 1, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by EWR764
I would wager that CLE hangs around as a hublet post-merger. According to reports, it enjoys a very healthy mix of O&D to flow traffic, and a strong local market is the key to a profitable domestic hub. Merger or no merger, that traffic isn't going away, and it's very loyal to CO. I'm sure the carrier will have no qualms taking whatever state aid is offered, however.
Totally agree. And for the record, Ohio state intervention didn't fare well in the axing it got from DL in CVG.
Old May 1, 2010, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by JetSet78
Totally agree. And for the record, Ohio state intervention didn't fare well in the axing it got from DL in CVG.
...or from HP in CMH. Indeed, Ohio is at risk of having lost all three of its once-sizeable airline hubs within the span of just 10 years.
Old May 1, 2010, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
You have a better shot of getting US back in PIT than keeping CLE as a UA/CO hub.
Old May 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by gawhite411
You have a better shot of getting US back in PIT than keeping CLE as a UA/CO hub.
I completely disagree. Watch and see.
Old May 1, 2010, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
I completely disagree. Watch and see.
Are you claiming that the merged carrier will not get rid of any hubs? Or are you so delusional as to think CLE will beat out one of the important (or quasi-important in the case of ORD) hubs? Are you the mayor of CLE or Delusionville?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.