Wiki Posts
Search

PC or HAS Executive Club at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"
PC or HAS Executive Club at IAH

We will be flying F from IAH to FRA, this Thursday on LH. These are reward tickets from Continental. Which is the nicest club as far as food, wi-fi, newspapers,etc? President's Club or HAS Executive Club at IAH?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by imssc1
We will be flying F from IAH to FRA, this Thursday on LH. These are reward tickets from Continental. Which is the nicest club as far as food, wi-fi, newspapers,etc? President's Club or HAS Executive Club at IAH?
If you're Star Gold, why not try both?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I'm a Continental "nothing." Lost my silver elite this year. I am a frequent buyer, amassing points to get 2 First class tickets on LH. I do have an AMEX Platinum.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Food: Executive Club, but the food is not great - chicken strips, fried mozzarela, finger sandwiches, cheese, veggies, soup. I'd hold off on the food until onboard LH F, so the food difference really doesn't matter (at least to me).

Drinks: same

Wi-fi: I've heard some complain about PC wi-fi speed. This varies with how busy the club is. While Thursday afternoon is a busy business travel time, the LH flight leaves early enough that the crowd is probably not too bad yet. The PC wi-fi access is easy connect. In the Exec Club, you'll have to go through a simple authentication with a club-provided user ID and password.

Ambiance: PC is MUCH nicer. The Exec Club feels like a windowless Hampton Inn lobby - cheapo furniture and carpet. But the Exec Club does have TVs scattered around the club, while the PC only has the TV Lounge and the TVs above the bar. PC has a far nicer overall feel.

Only advantage of the Exec Club is that the LH attendent will come and let you know when F is boarding.

Overall, I'd go with the PC, but no harm in trying both so you can judge for yourself. Assuming you are originating at IAH, you'll check in in Terminal D. So stop by the Exec Club since it is in D, see the Hampton Inn decor, and then stroll over to the E PC (I think it is actually closer than the C North club).
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Thanks Boiler84

Originally Posted by Boiler84
Food: Executive Club, but the food is not great - chicken strips, fried mozzarela, finger sandwiches, cheese, veggies, soup. I'd hold off on the food until onboard LH F, so the food difference really doesn't matter (at least to me).

Drinks: same

Wi-fi: I've heard some complain about PC wi-fi speed. This varies with how busy the club is. While Thursday afternoon is a busy business travel time, the LH flight leaves early enough that the crowd is probably not too bad yet. The PC wi-fi access is easy connect. In the Exec Club, you'll have to go through a simple authentication with a club-provided user ID and password.

Ambiance: PC is MUCH nicer. The Exec Club feels like a windowless Hampton Inn lobby - cheapo furniture and carpet. But the Exec Club does have TVs scattered around the club, while the PC only has the TV Lounge and the TVs above the bar. PC has a far nicer overall feel.

Only advantage of the Exec Club is that the LH attendent will come and let you know when F is boarding.

Overall, I'd go with the PC, but no harm in trying both so you can judge for yourself. Assuming you are originating at IAH, you'll check in in Terminal D. So stop by the Exec Club since it is in D, see the Hampton Inn decor, and then stroll over to the E PC (I think it is actually closer than the C North club).

That's a great and informative analysis.
Thanks, again
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
My $0.02: The Executive Club has all of the ambiance of a doctor's office and is kind of depressing inside, but they do have food and better scotch than the OC. I would rather go to the Terminal E PC just because it is nicer...
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
If you have access, my favorite lounge at IAH would be the KLM lounge near the HAS lounge. The "E" PC is the third nicest in the system (after DCA or LAS).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
The "E" PC is the third nicest in the system (after DCA or LAS).
To each his own I guess, but what's so great about the DCA PC? It's tiny, chairs are all in that small circular area, TV room is small, only a couple of laptop stations, etc. Nice views of the aircraft at the gates though.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by st530
To each his own I guess, but what's so great about the DCA PC?
The history and architecture of the room. Plus the people, though most of the smaller PCs have staff who truly get to know their regular customers and are great that way.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
The history and architecture of the room. Plus the people, though most of the smaller PCs have staff who truly get to know their regular customers and are great that way.
+1
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
If you're Star Gold, why not try both?
Is there some information about the IAH HAS lounge somewhere? It sounds like you have to be flying on LH or some other airline to do it, but it's not clear to me if you're allowed to use it if you're *G, or if you have to be flying on a LH F ticket to use it.

I also happen to have a PC club membership, though it sounds like that never applies to contract lounges.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
If you have access, my favorite lounge at IAH would be the KLM lounge near the HAS lounge. The "E" PC is the third nicest in the system (after DCA or LAS).
Having been to ALL of the PC's (except GUM) IAH terminal "E" PC is the nicest. I can't think any other PC that has a "valet" service to press and steam clothes while you shower. Wow.

The worst - is LGA
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:19 am

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Having been to ALL of the PC's (except GUM) IAH terminal "E" PC is the nicest. I can't think any other PC that has a "valet" service to press and steam clothes while you shower. Wow.

The worst - is LGA
Yeah LGA needs a major overhaul: first its outside the secure area which can be a pain if the lines are long and second the bathrooms look like they are from original terminal construction and the rest is just looking old.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by meFIRST

The worst - is LGA
I've been in GUM. It is definitely middle to bottom of the pack.

I am 99% sure that the EWR showers will also steam your clothes for you. Is that enough to make it the best? Hard to say. I tend to vote based on things I use more frequently than just a great service that I use rarely. I like the IAH E PC just fine but I find it a bit impersonal at times. That can be good or bad, depending on what you're going for.
Old May 4, 2010, 8:54 am

Lightbulb

Comparisons between IAH PC and IAH HAS Executive club can be found in LH forum.

F Lounge IAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.