Search

Any recent PetSafe experiences at EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; Hilton Dimond; Marriott 3/3
Any recent PetSafe experiences at EWR?

Folks,

Does anyone have any recent experiences with CO's PetSafe program at EWR?

I (or, rather, my dog) have used PetSafe on LAX-CLE route twice and it worked out well, but I know for pax EWR is a totally different experience.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
PetSafe is Good

We've used Pet Safe several times out of EWR to ship our Dalmatian (the service wasn't spotty either) (uh, pun intended). The PetSafe check-in staff are very prepared, every time our paperwork was ready and the check-in process took approximately five minutes.

The only time we encountered any a$$holes in EWR was when PetSafe was closed and we had to check him in QuikPak. What a nightmare and attitude. I couldn't believe we paid CO for this service, or dis-service.

One side note - be on time - I believe it's 90 minutes prior to departure or they won't process the animal.

-Jim
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
If you love your dog, I would not fly them through Newark. While it has been over 8 years ago, they lost my dog and had no idea where he was for an hour. I realize that Continental has made many improvements in PETSAFE, but Newark is Newark. I would use any other station in the area
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I haven't read any posts or threads here or anywhere about PetSafe for a very very long time. Definitely a case of "no news is good news".
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; Hilton Dimond; Marriott 3/3
Thanks for the feedback so far. I do hope that "no news is good news" as opposed to "no news -- no one ever uses it."

The on-time suggestion is a good one and, IME, PetSafe staff are very caring and everyone else pays special attention. Last time we flew LAX - CLE, in LAX, the First Officer came back to tell me that they loaded the Vincenzo (the dog) and, in CLE, I watched them carry the crate out of the ac right into a van with big paws painted on it. The crate never touched the tarmac.

That having been said -- EWR is EWR... so I'm a bit worried.

We're actually haded to PHL. Would it be better no to risk EWR and fly LAX-IAH-PHL instead risking a connection?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by mike_one2many
Thanks for the feedback so far. I do hope that "no news is good news" as opposed to "no news -- no one ever uses it."

The on-time suggestion is a good one and, IME, PetSafe staff are very caring and everyone else pays special attention. Last time we flew LAX - CLE, in LAX, the First Officer came back to tell me that they loaded the Vincenzo (the dog) and, in CLE, I watched them carry the crate out of the ac right into a van with big paws painted on it. The crate never touched the tarmac.

That having been said -- EWR is EWR... so I'm a bit worried.

We're actually haded to PHL. Would it be better no to risk EWR and fly LAX-IAH-PHL instead risking a connection?
Many people use it!

in FLL once day I saw multiple vans full of animals being taken to the planes both IAH and EWR bound, each time 2-3 LARGE carriers taken out, so ad this up and that is a quite a few animals.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Biggest problem with Pet Safe isn't the program it's the aircraft. If you live in or are traveling to a town only served by RJ's, where in some aircraft the hold isn't pressurized, you can't ship the pet at all (unless it's small enough to go onboard). Had recent issue with DAY-EWR, where all the nonstop aircraft were unpressurized, the only option was a connection through CLE, making for a long trip.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
The PetSafe program is awesome, and I always smile when I see their vans on the tarmac at IAH....great program by CO. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.