FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1076236-selling-my-headphones-y-class-passengers.html)

CO 1E Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

ROFL.

cheepneezy Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 13808546)
LOL...

Where is colpuck with the popcorn imagery when you need it! :D

[channeling colpuck]

http://www.rolleye.com/popcorn.jpg

[/channeling colpuck]

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 13810725)
Not to be affiliated with the OP, but let me run this scenario by ya'll:

When CO starts their BOB program in whY, what do you think the going rate will be for a fresh baked muffin or other item from my Easy Bake Oven?

I will pay you 5 Bolivianos, or 50 Kenyan Shillings.

gates_2 Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm

In before the lock....

I once saw a guy take the bag of peanuts out of the FA cabinet and start distributing them to fellow passengers....I guess he was tired of waiting for them. Got through 20% of the plane before a FA told him to sit down...I suppose he could have tried to sell em for $1 a piece^:cool:

paranoiatx Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Has anyone ever tried to USE those headphones?!? I used to keep them after each flight up front, figuring I'd have situations where it's not practical to have my good headphones around. Plus I always lose/break the two-prong adapters, so infinite spares helps keep my good headphones in use. But wow, a while ago I actually plugged in a pair and I don't think I've ever heard ear buds sound that terrible (and I've had some cheap ones). I even tried another set to be sure it wasn't a fluke.

So I would not wish them on anyone, and cringe whenever I see someone actually hand over money for them. I'll happily give them away when stuck in Y -- there's usually some in my bag somewhere.

mike_asia Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Eagleye290 (Post 13810752)
You still haven't explained why you are so desperate for $2.

5 pages long and still going strong. This thread has progressed from sad to infuriating to outright hilarious.

Money is money, might as well pick up some pocket money on the 4 hour flight. Nothing about being desperate, i still have my lunch money from 3rd Grade

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Perhaps CO could remove a row of seats and install a silent auction table at the rear of the aircraft (stink-shield section should do). Passengers could auction off items in flight, and CO could take a cut. Also, as a punishment to passengers who bring onboard oversized carryons, their belongings could be seized and auctioned to the highest bidder.

paranoiatx Apr 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter (Post 13810340)
No, we get the point, and you are explaining it just fine. What you are missing, and that we aren't explaining properly, is that you are a moron.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

Now I have to explain to my office mate why I'm cracking up here... :D

N965VJ Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 13810725)
Not to be affiliated with the OP, but let me run this scenario by ya'll:

When CO starts their BOB program in whY, what do you think the going rate will be for a fresh baked muffin or other item from my Easy Bake Oven?

Will an Easy Bake Oven trip the power ports? Maybe I can liberate a waffle maker from the hotel breakfast bar. Just gotta figure out how to get the batter through the checkpoint. :D

sbm12 Apr 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ (Post 13810904)
Will an Easy Bake Oven trip the power ports? Maybe I can liberate a waffle maker from the hotel breakfast bar. Just gotta figure out how to get the batter through the checkpoint. :D

A 75W bulb will be close assuming the 75W power out on the circuit. A 60W bulb shouldn't be a problem at all.

And if you can get the powdered batter you can mix it with water from the fountains air-side once you pass by the TSA. :p

paranoiatx Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ (Post 13810904)

Fill it into 100ml containers?

Or just whip it up in flight (though the flour might raise other concerns at security...)

SFO777 Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mike_asia (Post 13810860)
...i still have my lunch money from 3rd Grade

Wow, a whole year later. :rolleyes:

cheepneezy Apr 20, 2010 3:00 pm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2740/...daec8f831f.jpg

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Apr 20, 2010 3:00 pm

With my handy homemade power-converter, I should be able to run a hot-plate on the aircraft with A/C power. Tacos, anyone?

N965VJ Apr 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13810918)
And if you can get the powdered batter you can mix it with water from the fountains air-side once you pass by the TSA. :p

I suppose I could bring my own powdered batter, but that would violate the spirit of this thread, namely, reselling amenities that are given to me. Plan B is to find out where the hotel stores the powdered batter and help myself to a bag.