Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH TerminalLink Disruption 4-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
IAH TerminalLink Disruption 4-19

Just noticed as I was connecting on my very early flights at IAH this morning that the TerminalLink is not running to terminal D/E station this morning. It seems that there are only 2 trains running between B and C only, and at half speed to boot, so expect to wait at least 3 minutes between trains this morning...along with a very long walk to D/E.

However, I did notice that they took the Terminal D/E signage down and replaced it with Terminal A/B signage...is the link to A fixin' to come online?

Last edited by theblakefish; Apr 19, 2010 at 9:26 am
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Just noticed as I was connecting on my very early flights at IAH this morning that the TerminalLink is not running to terminal D/E station this morning. It seems that there are only 2 trains running between B and C only, and at half speed to boot, so expect to wait at least 3 minutes between trains this morning...along with a very long walk to E/D.

However, I did notice that they took the Terminal D/E signage down and replaced it with Terminal A/B signage...is the link to A fixin' to come online?
Connected through IAH Saturday afternoon and there was no TerminalLink operating. Landed in E and had to take a bus to B where we then walked to the normal B84T gate to catch the bus to A.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Unless things somehow are WAY ahead of schedule, no. But you do have to take it to B to get the bus to A, so maybe that's what it is all about right now.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Of course the TerminaLink was broken. belynch was in IAH the other day.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Por Favor, suhetese bien. El tren se acerca a la terminal D y E.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

4/23: Houston Airport System FAIL

The COEX FA's this evening (4/23) are telling pax that the entire TerminalLink is out of service, and please go to B-67 to get to C, D, and E. Most pax in Terminal B don't know the layout and workings of IAH, so they are having to schlep to the furthest gate in B to ride the gawd-awful buses. The train is just going to C, but it is still going....what a madhouse.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by sbm12
Unless things somehow are WAY ahead of schedule, no. But you do have to take it to B to get the bus to A, so maybe that's what it is all about right now.
That is correct, A/B has been on there for a while now.

that being said it sounds like something happened to break a station, it COULD potentially have had something to do with some testing, but we won't know unless someone in the know speaks up for sure.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n
..... but we won't know unless someone in the know speaks up for sure.
Bus driver last night stated: one of the trams jumped the track the other day and was left a-danglin'..... No one was injured, and only one shook up airport worker was on at the time.

System is shut down for passengers until investigation complete.

Again, don't know any of that to be fact. Just repeating shuttle bus driver version of events.

DRW
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by doobierw
Bus driver last night stated: one of the trams jumped the track the other day and was left a-danglin'..... No one was injured, and only one shook up airport worker was on at the time.

System is shut down for passengers until investigation complete.

Again, don't know any of that to be fact. Just repeating shuttle bus driver version of events.

DRW
Update... train is fully functional between B to C / C to B (dual) and a single-track between C and D/E.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I was on the train on Mon 4/13 when it stopped somewhere after I got on at B & before I got off at E. We were there for about 10 minutes and they said a mechanic would be onboard shortly to fix the issue. We never had a mechanic onboard, but we did finally start moving without explanation.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Of course the TerminaLink was broken. belynch was in IAH the other day.

Had to get my Shipley's. Sorry guys....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.