Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental interested in merger with United Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental interested in merger with United Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by channa
When was that? UA has been installing leather F in their planes like crazy.
I'm a big fan of the new leather UA F seats. ^
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by channa
When was that? UA has been installing leather F in their planes like crazy.
Right around the first of the year. I was with J.Edward and he clearly remembers how miserable the plane was. It still had the old phones in the middle!
Old May 6, 2010, 2:42 pm

I just flew UA again recently SFO-LAS in economy. There was some new fandangled, extra thin seat--maybe it was a way to give everybody an extra inch of leg room? No leather. The back side had the tray table tucked away extra high. Ugh it was an uncomfortable seat. I'm glad it was a short flight.
Please tell me that this terrible seat isn't going everywhere.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:39 pm

Politicians have now weighed in:

House Transportation Committee Chairman Oberstar opposes the merger and is writing a letter to the DOJ and DOT.

Herb Kohl (D-WI), head of antitrust affairs on the Judiciary committee, is planning on holding hearings to investigate the merger.

Danny Davis (D-IL), Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Bill Pascrell (D-NJ) support the merger. Rockerfeller also wants to talk about opening foreign ownership of US airlines.

Also, some shareholders have filed suit against the merger (as expected).

Last edited by JC1120; May 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Old May 6, 2010, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by CJ1120
Politicians have now weighed in:

House Transportation Committee Chairman Oberstar opposes the merger and is writing a letter to the DOJ and DOT.

Herb Kohl (D-WI), head of antitrust affairs on the Judiciary committee, is planning on holding hearings to investigate the merger.

Danny Davis (D-IL), Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Bill Pascrell (D-WI) support the merger. Rockerfeller also wants to talk about opening foreign ownership of US airlines.

Also, some shareholders have filed suit against the merger (as expected).
Hope the merger is not approved.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Hope the merger is not approved.
Thankfully Congress doesn't make the final determination on the merger.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by CJ1120
Bill Pascrell (D-WI)
There's another politician named Bill Pascrell? I saw that name and thought of the one from NJ.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
There's another politician named Bill Pascrell? I saw that name and thought of the one from NJ.
Sorry thats an error on my part. It is NJ. Fixed.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Priority Club
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Thankfully Congress doesn't make the final determination on the merger.
^Yep, Congress really has almost no role whatsoever. The DOJ will ultimately make the call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.