FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Upgrades - PDA vs. CO.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1066932-upgrades-pda-vs-co-com.html)

tvetter01 Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Upgrades - PDA vs. CO.com

I've noticed a couple of flights recently where the PDA site lists more people as having been upgraded than the upgrade list on CO.com does.

They show the same number of available seats, but the PDA site shows more of the first class occupants as having been upgraded.

Flight 1094 on 3/24 is one, and flight 1694 on 3/26 is another.

Does anyone know what could be causing that?

ETA: One passenger I know on 1094 on 3/24 was a battlefield upgrade and is listed on both. I believe one passenger was upgraded at the 72 hour mark for 1694, and they're not on the CO.com list.

sfogate Mar 24, 2010 8:56 pm

I have no idea why the two are different.....very strange.

mlk Mar 24, 2010 8:58 pm

I noticed the same thing today. I was on flt#38, IAH-EWR.

The pda site shows 8 of 16 upgraded to F, but continental.com shows only 2 upgraded (they are also among the 8 listed on the PDA site).

On the other hand, for that same flight, the Flight Standby List for both co.com and the mobile site are exactly the same (3 pax cleared).

Laughable Mar 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Maybe pda shows day-of-departure upgrades or mile ugs whereas .com doesn't

Mackieman Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm

It seems more like the two databases are out of sync. I have absolutely no idea how CO has this set up, but often times the database that powers the PDA site will be different than the database that powers the .com site. If the EUA process updates the PDA database and then a cron job shuttles that data over to the .com database and that cron job breaks, it can create problems like this.

But like I said, I have no idea how CO is actually operating in this manner and I could be way out in left field on that one.

Valsetz Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Flight 1707 TPA - IAH Thu Mar 25:

co.com shows 1 person upgraded into 1st; PDA shows 6; both show 27(!) on the standby list

Laughable Mar 25, 2010 12:30 am

It may not be the databases being out of sync, but rather the programming telling each respective site the parameters on what to pull from the database.

tvetter01 Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am

Actually, it seems to be fixed now.

Scott6067 Mar 25, 2010 10:57 am

Originally Posted by tvetter01 (Post 13643066)
I've noticed a couple of flights recently where the PDA site lists more people as having been upgraded than the upgrade list on CO.com does.

They show the same number of available seats, but the PDA site shows more of the first class occupants as having been upgraded.

Flight 1094 on 3/24 is one, and flight 1694 on 3/26 is another.

Does anyone know what could be causing that?

ETA: One passenger I know on 1094 on 3/24 was a battlefield upgrade and is listed on both. I believe one passenger was upgraded at the 72 hour mark for 1694, and they're not on the CO.com list.

My guess at this is very simple. CO developed the upgraded list to help people see that they had been upgraded. By showing the battlefields on both sites this lets the customer be able to see that they got the upgrade as they wait at the gate either on their computer or PDA. Those upgraded before check in don't need the updated information!