Wiki Posts
Search

Nearby airport search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Nearby airport search

I'm new to CO, having just been comped from DL so I'm not too familiar with the CO website. When searching for a fare BNA-MNL and checking the "Search nearby airports" box, I invariably get a much lower fare out of HVS and SDF. However, when I click on either of those fares they come up at a much higher rate. Anyone had experience with this glitch? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
I'm new to CO, having just been comped from DL so I'm not too familiar with the CO website. When searching for a fare BNA-MNL and checking the "Search nearby airports" box, I invariably get a much lower fare out of HVS and SDF. However, when I click on either of those fares they come up at a much higher rate. Anyone had experience with this glitch? Thanks in advance.
I know the feeling. Nearby airport has great deal, until you click through. It has ruined many a mileage run dreams
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Sometimes, it can really help those dreams. If you have the "number of flights displayed" drop-down with "all" chosen, some very interesting iteneraries have come up for me in the past.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Sometimes, it can really help those dreams. If you have the "number of flights displayed" drop-down with "all" chosen, some very interesting iteneraries have come up for me in the past.
I tried "All" for number of flights to display and got exactly the same bad information. But I will keep that tip in mind in case it works for other iteneraries. Thanks.
Dave
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
The glitch is most apparent on international flights, as the "other airport" pricing doesn't factor in many taxes and the fuel surcharge.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
The glitch is most apparent on international flights, as the "other airport" pricing doesn't factor in many taxes and the fuel surcharge.
Wow, that explains a lot! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.