Search

EZE Lounge for CO: Which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
EZE Lounge for CO: Which one is better?

Hello

Flying CO out of EZE next week. On CO.com, under affiliate lounges, there are two listed for EZE:

- United Red Carpet Club
- Centurion Club

I may have a few hours to kill, which lounge is better? Traditionally, I've found that anything is better then RCC, however, haven't been to one in South America.

I'm OP Plat and flying BF - so looks like I qualify for either lounge.

Thanks

Jon
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
My partner has visited the Centurion Club twice when flying COPA Executive Class. He said it was fairly nice and very quiet.

We will be flying OUT of EZE on Continental (thank God not on COPA!) on April 6, so we'll also have to choose, but based on these 2 reviews, I'd go with the Centurion Club (also given that it is a known entity for us)

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Bu...Club_Centurion

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Bu...ed_Carpet_Club

Hope that helps!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Also found this online, which also seems to confirm that the RCC is not good:

http://www.flyerguide.net/lounges/lounge.php?id=183
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:15 pm

It's been 2 years, but the Centurion lounge there was good. I won't say great, but it was pretty clean and had a decent selection of beverages and munchies.

Anything is better than the concourse at EZE though. It makes Newark look downright spacious
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
EZE Centurion Club

Threads
  1. Centurion Club
  2. Centurion Airport Clubs (CGH,MEX,MTY,GRU,EZE,GIG)
  3. EZE / Buenos Aires Admirals Club & oneworld lounges (consolidated)
discuss some of the conditions @ Centurion Clubs including EZE, all taken from a search for "site:flyertalk.com "Centurion Club"".
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by sawzall710
Hello

Flying CO out of EZE next week. On CO.com, under affiliate lounges, there are two listed for EZE:

- United Red Carpet Club
- Centurion Club

I may have a few hours to kill, which lounge is better? Traditionally, I've found that anything is better then RCC, however, haven't been to one in South America.

I'm OP Plat and flying BF - so looks like I qualify for either lounge.

Thanks

Jon
The Centurion Club used to be small and was upgrades, there are 3 sections,
the regular part of the club, the platinum section and the Centurion Card Section, the 2 latter ones are only accessible by a key from the agents, overall it is an improvement over the old lounge, and way better than the CO contract lounge that used to be Salon de las Americas.

This is behind door number 2:
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
[QUOTE=rolov;13521900] and way better than the CO contract lounge that used to be Salon de las Americas.QUOTE]

I flew EZE-IAH in BF two weeks ago and they were still giving passes to the (awful) Sala de las Americas. There was no mention of, and I hadn't even thought about, the possible RCC options -- but the UA flight was already gone by the time I got through security, so maybe the RCC is closed before the CO flight leaves? (At the time the CO flight left at 10:50 p.m.; I'm going again in April and it's been changed to 8:40 p.m., which is an hour earlier even after accounting for DST -- so maybe RCC is an option now.) As others have noted, the AMEX Lounge is a better option than Sala de las Americas but it's very crowded and the separate Platinum room is quite small (haven't been allowed in Centurion yet!).
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it possible to print boarding passes online and access the lounges before 3 hours prior to the flight? I dont want to wait for checkin if I arrive at the airport early with BP in hand since I have to check out of the hotel anyway. I also have Priority Pass to get into the lounges if the agents dont want to let me in based on the flight.

Do either of the lounges have fridges where I can grab a couple of bottles of water to take on the flight?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I'm going to roll with the Centurion lounge as the first choice.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: CO Plat, Hilton Gold
We were there in the RCC in December and the food, wine and liquor were excellent. Not your usual RCC
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Closing the loop on the thread..

While I was accepted at all 3lounges, the RCC proved to be the best one at EZE. Staff, snack food, drink selection was very good.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Not sure what your point is. Perhaps the OP did the same search and found that the first thread was begun in 2002 and, I believe, the last post was in 2005. The second only made mention of the EZE lounge a couple of times. It was a thread on Centurion clubs in general. The third was mostly about Admirals Clubs. I think this thread started by the OP has been very helpful, and it's the only one that had really current info about the EZE clubs which you would have access to.

To add to the topic, I was in the "Salas" club (flying BF) out of EZE and it's the worst airline club I've ever been in. (There are three at BRU that give it a run for the money, though). They did have cheap champagne that helped me survive my stay there, but it made me feel awful later. The "club" was so packed it was almost impossible to move around. All seats were taken (before the CO flight to IAH). I think your decision to stay out of it and opt for the Centurion Club is a good one. There's no one in the "Salas" club who knows anything about the status of CO flights, so there's not even that benefit.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was turned away at the RCC with my Priority Pass card saying the club was full and sent to the Sala Americas, which as mentioned above, was AWFUL!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:09 pm

Flew this week in BF out of EZE to IAH (on CO).

Have always visited the AmEx affiliated club at EZE in the past. The last time we were there, the club was so full, there wasnt any place to sit.

Tried the RCC Tuesday night. There were about 20 folks in the lounge, so it was much quieter, and I thought the bathrooms were quite well maintained.

From now on, I think i will stick with the RCC at EZE for a bit of peace and quiet!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole
Flew this week in BF out of EZE to IAH (on CO).

Have always visited the AmEx affiliated club at EZE in the past. The last time we were there, the club was so full, there wasnt any place to sit.

Tried the RCC Tuesday night. There were about 20 folks in the lounge, so it was much quieter, and I thought the bathrooms were quite well maintained.

From now on, I think i will stick with the RCC at EZE for a bit of peace and quiet!
This surprises me, frankly. The last few times I've flown EZE-IAH the RCC was pretty packed with C/F customers to IAH (CO), IAD (UA) and LH (FRA), all departing at roughly the same time. Schedules do change a bit though seasonally so maybe the time of year makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.