A Good Rescheduling Story

Old Feb 26, 10, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

A Good Rescheduling Story

Hey all,

I was supposed to fly CLE-EWR on CO 87 tomorrow morning and return 3/1 at 615am.

In light of the severe weather impacting EWR, and the fact that I wasn't particularly eager to drive an hour early tomorrow morning to CLE, I called to CO to reschedule my flights. I wanted to go out next weekend, friday night to monday morning, but co.com wasn't showing any V fare availability--and was asking $130 in fare difference.

Placed a call to the elite desk this morning around 11am, was connected to a senior International reservations agent (not sure why). For the first time in my life, I took note of her name and made a point of sending a letter of praise to CO. She was sympathetic to the awful weather sweeping the northeast and happily rebooked me on the flights I wanted for no charge, finding a V fare when co.com showed it unavailable.

When I called CO again an hour or so ago, realizing that I unwittingly changed my flight without realizing that I had a Friday afternoon meeting, I again was able to change my flight without a change fee. In light of some very stressful circumstances and what I'm sure was a hectic day, the CO Elite call agents could not have been more helpful.
Old Feb 26, 10, 2:48 pm

glad to hear it! thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 26, 10, 9:34 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond etc, etc, etc.
WOW! Fantastic!

As much as CO likes to defend itself with Weather...I think after 3 storms over the past several weeks in the Northeast, CO has finally realized that they cant keep just rescheduling folks for future flights. Got to take care of people now, and just do it!

Not sure if this is a temp company decision because of 3 weeks of bad snow or if this is new CEO and his leadership or is it just luck of the draw when you call (the 2nd or 3rd time).
Old Feb 26, 10, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Awesome!^
Old Feb 26, 10, 10:49 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Originally Posted by nba1017 View Post
I ... was connected to a senior International reservations agent (not sure why).
I've had the same experience during "high pressure" periods where severe weather is involved. I called Elite desk on Tuesday Feb 9 upon learning my Wed Feb 10 FLL-EWR flight was cancelled (along with every other Northeast US bound flight). When the rep answered "International Desk", in response to my expression of confusion she noted that it was common for everyone at CO to pitch in during bad weather situations. Incidentally, she noted that the system had already moved us from the Wednesday morning flight in FC to the late Thursday flight (Seats 1A/B). We were not disappointed ... given the two extra days of golf and sunshine in Florida.
Old Feb 27, 10, 12:14 am

Im glad that you had no problem re-scheduling your flight.
Also , is this storm so hard , that also international flights got delayed
Old Feb 27, 10, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Fridayslover View Post
Im glad that you had no problem re-scheduling your flight.
Also , is this storm so hard , that also international flights got delayed
Yep. EWR (Newark) was completely closed and a lot of international flights were delayed/canceled.
Old Feb 27, 10, 11:08 am

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, AA Plat (status matched)
Originally Posted by wcalvert View Post
Yep. EWR (Newark) was completely closed and a lot of international flights were delayed/canceled.
EWR was shutdown for CO but other airlines did have inbound and outbound flights!

almost all CO regional flights were cancelled Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If ur were scheduled on a CO regional flight the last three days, u are SOL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: