PC card flying on DL airlines

Old Feb 25, 10, 8:06 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, Starwood Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum
PC card flying on DL airlines

I am on an award ORD-AMS-BUD and PRG-AMS-ORD this coming week using DL miles.

BUD-PRG is a one-way award on Malev with AA miles. Should be able to get access with my AA Plat card in BUD that day.

Since I am still DL Plat and in BC I can easily get access to SKyteam lounges. I may want to visit a Star Alliance lounge on the way.

Can I access a Star lounge with my PC card even if I am not flying on one of the Star airlines. On CO.com it does look like I am allowed in with on guest with the card but not sure if they still want a ticket.
Old Feb 25, 10, 8:21 am

I believe your PC card will only gain you access into US and UA lounges. Not other *A lounges operated by other airlines without a same day flight.
Old Feb 25, 10, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CJ1120 View Post
I believe your PC card will only gain you access into US and UA lounges. Not other *A lounges operated by other airlines without a same day flight.
Hmm, I would agree in theory, but the CO website for Affiliate Lounges (AMS) does indicate PC members are allowed into Singapore's lounge with PC membership. It does indicate that there is no access for the other contract lounge and the Servisair lounge.
Old Feb 25, 10, 9:17 am

Programs: CO-PLAT, Hyatt Plat
You could access that lounge if you were flying on a star allaince ticket, I tried entering with just my PC card, but was told that I have to be on a star alliance ticket.

Search this Thread