Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do I get points for flight rebooked due to mech issues on non *A airline?

Old Feb 23, 10, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold

Long time reader, first time poster.

I recently had a flight from MSP to SNA through DEN on United metal (booked with USAir codeshare with my OnePass number attached). The first leg of the flight was severely delayed because of mechanical issues with the plane. In order to get me close to home that night United booked me on a direct flight to LAX with Delta.

My question is, will I still get credited for the miles? I think I should since my original trip was *A and the disruption was mechanical. However, the flight was a week ago and I don't see a credit.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited by thebreezytraveler; Feb 23, 10 at 1:23 pm Reason: wrong title
Old Feb 23, 10, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by thebreezytraveler View Post

I recently had a flight from MSP to SNA through DEN on United metal (booked with USAir codeshare with my OnePass number attached). The first leg of the flight was severely delayed because of mechanical issues with the plane. In order to get me close to home that night United booked me on a direct flight to LAX with Delta.

My question is, will I still get credited for the miles? I think I should since my original trip was *A and the disruption was mechanical. However, the flight was a week ago and I don't see a credit.

Thanks for your thoughts!
You'll probably need to contact the One Pass Service Center and ask for Original Routing Credit. It helps if you have your original itinerary handy to help guide them through your trip.
Old Feb 23, 10, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice platinum, Marriott gold
Agreed. OnePass won't credit you automatically. You will have to call or EMail them and request it.
Old Feb 24, 10, 1:24 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Use this form

You can fill in the missing mileage partner airline form at the bottom of this page:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...n/default.aspx

I've used this to get original routing credit from a CO flight that went mx. Emailed the scanned completed form, with scans of tickets/BPs to the email address on the form. Took about a week to get credit.
Old Feb 24, 10, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by thebreezytraveler View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk, thebreezytraveler. May the wind be at your back and not emanating from your seatmate.
Old Feb 24, 10, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will give them a ring.

Search this Thread