FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   02/22 CO448 Upgrade List (65 and counting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1054667-02-22-co448-upgrade-list-65-counting.html)

Awtas Feb 21, 2010 8:54 pm

02/22 CO448 Upgrade List (65 and counting)

The biggest I've seen so far.
Total 65 elites in the upgrade list. About half of them are Plats.
Is that common for CO?

cova Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Wow - F booked full and now it is up to 66 on the list. We are starting to see larger upgrade lists - particularly with the DEQM promotion last year. Although I find it a lot for a transcon EWR-SFO.

I have not seen a list this long - but long lists with 1/2 being Platinum is not uncommon these days. CO has used the enticement of an upgrade to lure customers. Platinums can be true earned, earned with DEQM and some can be give away. CO will give away to some of its corporate customers to get them to buy B / M fares with thought of an upgrade.

Of course this is the Monday morning am flight - which tend to be elite heavy. I have been on a 7am - DCA-EWR (when CO flew mainline jets) and they announced that most of the flight was elite - so just board by row.

Platinum is sort of the minimum elite level on CO - and Presidental Platinum will be the top tier.

If CO had E+ like UA - there would not be enough E+.

CALMSP Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm

up to 81 now............as of 11:20edt. Largest I've ever seen!! :eek:

Motorskills Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Where's this flight to and from, where do we go to track this?

CALMSP Feb 21, 2010 9:33 pm

this is the first flight monday morning EWR-SFO

Stripe Feb 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Motorskills (Post 13435732)
Where's this flight to and from, where do we go to track this?

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx

Motorskills Feb 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Some or all of the 16 in FC will have been either B/M automatic upgrades, or Plats upgraded 5 days in advance (and possibly, but unlikely, PPlats 6 days in advance), yes?

Motorskills Feb 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Awtas (Post 13435534)
The biggest I've seen so far.
Total 65 elites in the upgrade list. About half of them are Plats.
Is that common for CO?

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 13435789)

Thanks - am I missing something, how can I see their elite status? :confused:

Benjh Feb 21, 2010 10:21 pm

How do you who's plat?
Unless you are yourself plat and #30 or something?

nova08 Feb 22, 2010 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Motorskills (Post 13435801)
Some or all of the 16 in FC will have been either B/M automatic upgrades, or Plats upgraded 5 days in advance (and possibly, but unlikely, PPlats 6 days in advance), yes?

From the various posts about EWR-LAX/SFO I venture to say that F is comprised of Y, B, M, and full paying F paxs with a Plat EUA thrown in every once in a while.

Originally Posted by Benjh (Post 13435943)
How do you who's plat?
Unless you are yourself plat and #30 or something?

I am not sure it is that easy because wouldn't a Gold on a Y ticket be ahead of you?

star_world Feb 22, 2010 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Motorskills (Post 13435801)

There are no PPlats yet. Many of the FC pax will be B/M upgrades, yes.

cova Feb 22, 2010 6:06 am

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 13437010)
There are no PPlats yet. Many of the FC pax will be B/M upgrades, yes.

.... and these would be those that likely purchased their B/M ticket pretty far in advance.

sbm12 Feb 22, 2010 6:08 am

Originally Posted by cova (Post 13435609)
Wow - F booked full and now it is up to 66 on the list. We are starting to see larger upgrade lists - particularly with the DEQM promotion last year. Although I find it a lot for a transcon EWR-SFO.

Really? You think this is a phenomenon that is only from this past year?

So the reports here of comparable length lists well before the DEQM days are lies, huh? Or this thread about the same topic?

cova Feb 22, 2010 6:12 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13437058)
Really? You think this is a phenomenon that is only from this past year?

So the reports here of comparable length lists well before the DEQM days are lies, huh? Or this thread about the same topic?

These threads are 41 on the list, and then 42 on the list. And on the second one - someone added 78. The situation here is 88 and that was last night.

Since this flight is a 7am out of EWR to SFO - there likely are no connecting passengers as it leaves too early. Being EWR - CO hub - not uncommon for many travelers wanting to travel at 7am on Monday morning to be Elite.

cova Feb 22, 2010 6:41 am

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 13436977)
From the various posts about EWR-LAX/SFO I venture to say that F is comprised of Y, B, M, and full paying F paxs with a Plat EUA thrown in every once in a while.

I am not sure it is that easy because wouldn't a Gold on a Y ticket be ahead of you?

Golds and Silvers on B's (as well as Y's) will be ahead of Plat on M or less on the upgrade list. While M is an instant upgrade fare for Platinum - if a Plat is not able to confirm the restricted M up, a Gold then Silver on a B will be ahead of a Plat M on the upgrade list.

B is sort of the standard last minute purchase fare code these days on CO - so I would guess most are Gold/Silver B's.