FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   OverNite Connect: What happens to checked Luggage? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1053794-overnite-connect-what-happens-checked-luggage.html)

Aloha1 Feb 19, 2010 8:37 am

OverNite Connect: What happens to checked Luggage?

I'll be flying in to IAH late evening and staying at the Marriott, departing the next morning to my final destination. Flights are all on 1 PNR. So, Will my bags stay checked through or get deposited at Baggage Claim when I arrive in IAH? Do I have an option if I want my bag for the evening?

sbm12 Feb 19, 2010 8:43 am

Bags will almost certainly only be checked to IAH. And you can certainly ask for such since you do have the overnight.

cova Feb 19, 2010 9:19 am

deleted

cova Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 13420904)
Do I have an option if I want my bag for the evening?

Correction - single PNR - you can likely check all the way through, but I would want to claim my bag. My experience has been if I overnight they let me claim the bag.

You have to go back through security in the morning and can do a bag drop.

PforPlatinum Feb 19, 2010 10:15 am

When I did overnight (10+ hours) at EWR, I was asked at check-in counter at IAH if I want to check my bags all the way or just to EWR.
(I opted all the way, since I had carry-on for overnight, and didn't want carry big luggages at EWR.)

So you can choose - just tell check-in agent the way you want.

star_world Feb 19, 2010 10:36 am

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum (Post 13421593)
When I did overnight (10+ hours) at EWR, I was asked at check-in counter at IAH if I want to check my bags all the way or just to EWR.
(I opted all the way, since I had carry-on for overnight, and didn't want carry big luggages at EWR.)

So you can choose - just tell check-in agent the way you want.

I got asked by the kiosk where I wanted my bags checked to on a recent trip that had about a 5-hour layover. I asked the agent and they said that it now asks if your layover is 4 hours.

iamalmond Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm

A few months ago, i flew SJO-IAH-EWR with an overnight connection in IAH. Since it was international, I had to claim my luggage in IAH. However, I was not allowed to recheck my bags to EWR. I was told I had to wait until the morning.

FWBowl Mar 12, 2010 9:59 am

US to Heathrow to Russia

Deleted

cordelli May 5, 2011 12:37 pm

I so love being able to find answers to questions here without having to go through the usual six thousand pages on the internet. Thanks to everybody who responded, we have an overnight connection coming up in IAH and was wondering what the bag options were.

drwoo May 5, 2011 11:04 pm

back in 2008 had an overnight connection in IAH going to GUM bags were tagged straight thru as it was a connection as opposed to a stopover which made life easier as i didnt have to return early to IAH to bag drop