FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   2010 Elite Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1052484-2010-elite-cards.html)

COEWR2587 Feb 15, 2010 11:08 pm

2010 Elite Cards

I've been elite since Dec 2009 and I called in Jan and asked when the new 2010 elite cards will be mailed out. They said not til end of Feb/March. Does anyone know exact dates or when I should except to get it. Also, does anything else come besides a card like coupons or club passes?

usa18dca Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by COEWR2587 (Post 13397650)
I've been elite since Dec 2009 and I called in Jan and asked when the new 2010 elite cards will be mailed out. They said not til end of Feb/March. Does anyone know exact dates or when I should except to get it. Also, does anything else come besides a card like coupons or club passes?

Dude...you seriously could not use the search function? there's millions and millions of countless threads on this...

You'll get your Elite Card with a letter from Smisek wishing you to take your business elsewhere if your needs aren't being met at Continental and with 4 Continental Currency Coupons to grab one or two of the new Stirrings Pouch Mixes on your next Continental Flight...

What else are we Elites getting this year? Oh YES! A Discrimination Experience with COPA =)

Welcome Aboard and congratulations on your newfound Silver Elite Status! Now you can shout DYKWIA!!! Booyah! :rolleyes:

eagle92 Feb 16, 2010 10:04 am

Originally Posted by usa18dca (Post 13397659)
Dude...you seriously could not use the search function? there's millions and millions of countless threads on this...

You'll get your Elite Card with a letter from Smisek wishing you to take your business elsewhere if your needs aren't being met at Continental and with 4 Continental Currency Coupons to grab one or two of the new Stirrings Pouch Mixes on your next Continental Flight...

What else are we Elites getting this year? Oh YES! A Discrimination Experience with COPA =)

Welcome Aboard and congratulations on your newfound Silver Elite Status! Now you can shout DYKWIA!!! Booyah! :rolleyes:

Dude...you seriously couldn't have been just a wee bit nicer to the newbie...guy has a total of 6 posts...sheesh...you would think he/she insulted you or something...

COEWR2587, welcome to Flyertalk! :D

justmeagain Feb 16, 2010 10:07 am

Originally Posted by usa18dca (Post 13397659)

Really??? :td:

tarheelnj Feb 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Got my 2010 Platinum Elite Card today. Came with 4 beverage coupons (how exciting), along with two peel-off luggage identification stickers (even more exciting). Separately, I got an unexpected replacement 2009-2010 Presidents Club card, with a note saying that the magnetic stripe may be faulty and not work in some affiliate lounges.

cova Feb 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Also received my 2010 Elite package today as well.

New for this year is a hardcopy of the 2010 Elite Member Guide. This had been discontinued for a while. The guide highlights new for 2010 - the 100K SWU. No mention at all about the upcoming PPlat tier.

The 4 coupons are only good for Premium Beverage on CO or COEx. (I guess it doesn't work on CO Connection). Being dedicated to a beverage they will not work for headset or Direct TV.

Only difference in the Elite card that I can see, is that the Million Miler logo has been moved from next to the *A Gold emblem to next to the CO Globe. Of course this would be unique to MMers.

Also - unique for me - the Letter from Mark Bergsrud highlights the benefits - with the last bullet being "Infinite Elite Priority Line: 800-xxx-xxxx." This is the only mention of Infinite status - all other references are to OnePass Platinum benefits for life.

Again - no mention anywhere on the Presidential Platinum tier.

dmunz Feb 17, 2010 10:17 am

Originally Posted by cova (Post 13403509)

<snip>

Also - unique for me - the Letter from Mark Bergsrud highlights the benefits - with the last bullet being "Infinite Elite Priority Line: 800-xxx-xxxx." This is the only mention of Infinite status - all other references are to OnePass Platinum benefits for life.

Again - no mention anywhere on the Presidential Platinum tier.

So that would be 800-999-9999?

(wait for it - someone will try...)

Have you called them? I'm just curious if you really get a different real person, or just routed into the same VM system with a higher prioirty.

TIA
DLM

cova Feb 17, 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by dmunz (Post 13407424)
So that would be 800-999-9999?

(wait for it - someone will try...)

Have you called them? I'm just curious if you really get a different real person, or just routed into the same VM system with a higher prioirty.

TIA
DLM

You just get the same Elite line - nothing special.

sbm12 Feb 17, 2010 10:29 am

No mention at all about the upcoming PPlat tier.

Not too much of a surprise as it is "invitation only."

Being dedicated to a beverage they will not work for headset or Direct TV.

Again, not much of a surprise. The headsets are free on about 40% of the planes today and that number continues to grow pretty quickly. And the LiveTV thing has been debated and discussed way too many times to bother rehashing again.