Lounge advice AMS

Old Feb 15, 10, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Lounge advice AMS

I did a little search and found several people discussing the new lounge situation at AMS, it seems Servis lounge and Singapore's lounge are the most common.

Does anyone have any further info on AMS lounges now that CO is in Star?

Any preferences?

I'm an OP Gold travelling AMS-IAH.
Old Feb 15, 10, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold
SQ club is smaller but, amenity wise, nicer. I'd vote for SQ.
Old Feb 15, 10, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2MM, SQ Kris Flyer, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Premier Plat
I did IAH-AMS in BF on 1/18, I got a pass for Servis, which was pretty lame. The CO check-in agent did not mention SQ, is that simply an option via *Gold or do CO BF passengers get to use SQ as well?
Old Feb 16, 10, 6:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (GS); AADvantage (Platinum); Qatar Privilege Club PLATINUM
Thumbs down Major downgrade AMS *A lounges

Oooh this is probably the biggest downgrade I am experiencing, so far, since we left Skyteam. The KL/AF/DL Crown Lounge at AMS we had access to, is one of the best lounges around - by far. All the options we have now, with *A, are really really horrible. The Star Alliance Airlines at AMS (quite a few of them there) must get together and get their loyal FF customers a good [joint] lounge at AMS.
Old Feb 16, 10, 8:00 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by OnePassenger;13398559All the options we have now, with *A, are really really horrible. [B
The Star Alliance Airlines at AMS (quite a few of them there) [/B]must get together and get their loyal FF customers a good [joint] lounge at AMS.
I agree the KLM lounge at AMS was really nice. It will be difficult for the *A airlines to match the flagship lounge of any carrier at their hub.

SunLover
Old Feb 16, 10, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Although the Crown Lounges of yesteryear dissolved into havens of the Blue Dragons today, I am curious just how bad the Star facilities are, as I have yet to fly on CO since the FFP shift.

So, my options are a small and ill-equipped Servis lounge and the Singapore Airline Lounge, where I have to cast my luck at getting a good desk agent that will let me in.

I think CO needs to get together with Lufthansa and US/United and make a lounge that can compete.

If anyone else has advice, let me know, I'm flying on Friday.
Old Feb 16, 10, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by texas gold View Post
If anyone else has advice, let me know, I'm flying on Friday.
I did the Servisair lounge in November, was busy, but not full. The SQ lounge has been a mission in vain so far, either closing or a lounge dragon not letting me in...

I'd opt for the Servisair lounge, and head out to the gate area about an hour before departure, the lines can get long nowadays...

Search this Thread