Fare class changes due to Op-up on LH

Old Feb 14, 10, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Fare class changes due to Op-up on LH

My company booked me JFK-MUC (W class) on LH, and due to an oversell in the back the agents upgraded me to business thanks to the *G status. However, I noticed the fare class on my boarding pass changed to I, which according to co.com is not a mileage earning fare class. I had the agents print out my receipt and itinerary after the upgrade and it still shows W class, even though the boarding pass shows I. She reassured me I would still get the credit for the base fare class originally booked, although I'm skeptical.

Has anyone come across this issue before?
Old Feb 14, 10, 9:58 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
I believe "I" is the class associated with a mileage-upgrade on LH.
If this is correct, you will earn the miles for the class you booked the ticket in.
(W in this case).

Lets see what others think.

OH, BTW, congratulations on the Op-up!
Old Feb 14, 10, 9:59 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Wow, you are lucky to get the upgrade in the first place. This rarely happens on LH and there must have been a huge oversell that they went all the way to upgrade *Gs, usually HON/SEN/FTL (own elites) come first and I assume they would prefer those in a higher booking class like H,M,B,Y etc.

Anyway, you will get your miles. Sometimes they even upgrade people into C but it doesn't happen too often
Old Feb 14, 10, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Excellent to hear...thanks for the info!
Old Feb 14, 10, 11:16 am
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Not sure if this applies in your case (your being a CO elite on LH) but in mine (a CO elite on CO), I was op-up'ed EWR-CDG and CO gave me the miles for FC, as if I had paid for it. ^ Suckers.
Old Feb 14, 10, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You're entitled to the miles for the booking class for which you paid. If anything less posts, contact OPSC with the BP/receipt, and they'll take care of it.
Old Feb 14, 10, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
Wow, you are lucky to get the upgrade in the first place. This rarely happens on LH and there must have been a huge oversell that they went all the way to upgrade *Gs, usually HON/SEN/FTL (own elites) come first and I assume they would prefer those in a higher booking class like H,M,B,Y etc.

Anyway, you will get your miles. Sometimes they even upgrade people into C but it doesn't happen too often
I got upgraded twice on LH FRA-DEL-FRA in January along with my sister who is also a *G...It was an nice experience =) On a Y Fare as well and Upgrade showed Z but credited to CO as Y.
Old Feb 14, 10, 9:21 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by usa18dca View Post
I got upgraded twice on LH FRA-DEL-FRA in January along with my sister who is also a *G...It was an nice experience =) On a Y Fare as well and Upgrade showed Z but credited to CO as Y.
India routes are special. I hear they are big oversells in Y and they even upgrade non status customers (likely their own base members) from time to tome to C.
Old Feb 15, 10, 12:42 am
Original Poster

The miles did in fact post for W class last night. Thanks to everyone for their responses

Search this Thread
Search Engine: