FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   An annoyance: protection for likely CO misconnects (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1051834-annoyance-protection-likely-co-misconnects.html)

redtailshark Feb 14, 2010 6:37 am

An annoyance: protection for likely CO misconnects

Surprisingly enough, yes, I'm at TUS. We have a late departure of the RJ b/c of crew rest issues.

Now, I arrive at IAH at 10.18am. Sched dep for NRT at 10.45. B terminal to E terminal. No way. They know this won't happen. I certainly do. But, I'm being exported to IAH to face the inevitabilty of dealing with it there. Better go to the PC, yes, I know. And yes, I know, CO isn't always good in irops cases. I suppose this will be "solved" at IAH where I'll be cast into the UA weedeater and then ultimately the UA 744 ex-SFO. Ho ho.

Even the Gaullists last week, at their notorious CDG lair, handled my irop efficiently and well.

buckeyefanflyer Feb 14, 2010 6:51 am

In a situation like this, at the gate you are arriving and at the gate where the NRT flight is departing CO personnel know you are trying to get the NRT flight and will try and hold the flight fo you. I have had this happen to me. At the NRT gate they know where are the connectors are coming from.

imagineertobe Feb 14, 2010 7:54 am

And how is this post relevant to MR deals?

Peace.

channa Feb 14, 2010 8:09 am

This should probably be on the CO board.

I don't know why you're writing off this connection. My best in IAH was B --> E in 8 minutes.

I would ask the arriving GA to call your connecting gate and let them know you're coming (they already know this, but a call is a nice reminder).

If you miss it, there's a PC in E that you can hop into.

beaubo Feb 14, 2010 8:44 am

more appropriate for our CO experts to evaluate!

Moving to CO!

giggy Feb 14, 2010 9:17 am

iah-sea maybe???

SeamusSA Feb 14, 2010 10:04 am

Well?

Looks like the TUS RJ arrived B at 1033 and NRT left E7 (a good haul form the tram station) at 1047 - inquiring minds want to know - did he/she make it??

thepla Feb 14, 2010 10:21 am

In my short tenure with CO I was on a flight from ORD-IAH and connecting to SJU. I noticed on my account I was protected on two following flights IAH-SJU on "Z" class because my outbound ORD-SJU was delayed. I was quite impresses NW or DL never did that in many years of flying with them.

As it turned out I made my original flight. One question would I have received 150% EQM for the newer flight?

Steph3n Feb 14, 2010 10:26 am

This is one area they are lacking in actively protecting, but in my case they held the plane 12 minutes while myself and 2 others made the connection, so I ended up not needing protecting anyway. They had even given up on us making it and disconnected the jetbridge, but the pilot allowed it to be hooked up again and we got on the way quickly!

I guess I am fortunate that I have not had too many short connections (partually due to my own planning I like 1hour at minimum), but in a few cases of 35min or so, CO has been good about waiting until I or others arrive.

RNE Feb 14, 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by SeamusSA (Post 13388095)
Looks like the TUS RJ arrived B at 1033 and NRT left E7 (a good haul form the tram station) at 1047 - inquiring minds want to know - did he/she make it??

Those times are not always precise, are they? I suspect we would have heard from redtailshark by now had he not made the connection. Hopefully he did.

redtailshark Feb 14, 2010 10:50 am

Unfortunately, as I thought.. CO needs bettter quality Star A rolodex info

Help request: TG phone number that will facilitiate ticket reissue.

I'm stuck at IAH after a misconnect, trying to depart US for SIN today.

The general US phone number given on the website is a Mon-Fri line. The CO agents here don't have another number for TG and need to talk with them.

If anyone here can give a number that would help them negotiate a ticket reissue on TG tonight, that would be great.

Send it by PM if it's something you'd rather not post publicly.

All help is much appreciated.

Now, Scott, if you read this:

The PC agents here are being helpful as they can. They're trying to ticket on SQ which would salvage most of my itin, if they can make it. If not, we want to try TG from LAX tonight. Both of these get me to SIN without losing a whole day of my trip. But they don't have a number for Star allies that is helping them negotiate the reissue - it can't all be done through CO's system. Example: SQ shows wide open, but won't permit reissue through CO system because "too many segs" on my original CO ticket, according to the SQ office. No way to contact TG people who can make it happen, yet.

Suggestion: for Asia customers facing misconnects on CO7, there should be an action plan for reissue that will get pax to Asia same day. The times of the late afternoon/night departures from the west coast need to be available, as do the phone numbers for those who can make ticket reissues happen at other carriers.

CO.COM's sytem response was to overnight me here or at LAX and then send me on the UA 744. This costs a whole day of the trip and isn't necessary if Star rebookings can be streamlined.

rjque Feb 14, 2010 11:29 am

Originally Posted by redtailshark (Post 13387306)
Surprisingly enough, yes, I'm at TUS. We have a late departure of the RJ b/c of crew rest issues.

Now, I arrive at IAH at 10.18am. Sched dep for NRT at 10.45. B terminal to E terminal. No way. They know this won't happen. I certainly do. But, I'm being exported to IAH to face the inevitabilty of dealing with it there. Better go to the PC, yes, I know. And yes, I know, CO isn't always good in irops cases. I suppose this will be "solved" at IAH where I'll be cast into the UA weedeater and then ultimately the UA 744 ex-SFO. Ho ho.

Even the Gaullists last week, at their notorious CDG lair, handled my irop efficiently and well.

Will the PC agents not protect you on a later flight in case you miss your connection? They did that for me just last week.

redtailshark Feb 14, 2010 11:59 am

Originally Posted by rjque (Post 13388497)
Will the PC agents not protect you on a later flight in case you miss your connection? They did that for me just last week.

At IAH they do...but I was at TUS when I raised this issue first. There's no PC there. After my misconnect hit the system, it's true that I was protected. On UA, the following day, with a forced overnight at LAX! Initially, BTW, with no offer of comped overnight hotel accom. Might as well have stayed home in TUS for the day and taken a UA weedeater to LAX tomorrow, in that case :confused:

But, now, get this. The reason for the two minute delay in departure of CO7... my bags were loaded :eek: For real.

I was at the E7 gate at 1047 also, after the train ride from the RJ farm. But the door was shut several minutes prior.

We're still working on the rebooking here at IAH E PC. PC agent has had to secure coverage to walk to SQ to talk with them about the reissue.

The Star irop scenario needs work. I'll forward a more detailed evaluation of the handling with improvement suggestions to management. I can't be the first and will not be the last to misconnect to Asia on CO7 and still want to get there the same day.

giggy Feb 14, 2010 12:23 pm

AC sea-nrt 6:25 pm

dkul Feb 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark (Post 13388632)
At IAH they do...but I was at TUS when I raised this issue first. There's no PC there. After my misconnect hit the system, it's true that I was protected. On UA, the following day, with a forced overnight at LAX! Initially, BTW, with no offer of comped overnight hotel accom. Might as well have stayed home in TUS for the day and taken a UA weedeater to LAX tomorrow, in that case :confused:

But, now, get this. The reason for the two minute delay in departure of CO7... my bags were loaded :eek: For real.

I was at the E7 gate at 1047 also, after the train ride from the RJ farm. But the door was shut several minutes prior.

We're still working on the rebooking here at IAH E PC. PC agent has had to secure coverage to walk to SQ to talk with them about the reissue.

The Star irop scenario needs work. I'll forward a more detailed evaluation of the handling with improvement suggestions to management. I can't be the first and will not be the last to misconnect to Asia on CO7 and still want to get there the same day.

Well..then it should have taken a few more minutes for them to unload your bags because if they let your bags go then CAL is in major violation of FAA/TSA regs. :(