Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Miles Offer with Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Question Triple Miles Offer with Marriott

So I got this in my inbox a coupla days ago. I'm still mulling switching from Hilton, so this offer seemed like something that might push me over the edge.

Earn triple miles with Marriott RewardsŪ MegaMiles.
Get to your next dream vacation faster.
Register for Marriott RewardsŪ MegaMiles and earn triple miles beginning with your second stay at participating MarriottŪ hotels between Feb. 1 and April 30, 2010.

Instead of earning 500 miles for your stay, for example, you’ll earn 1,500 miles for the same stay with MegaMiles. Register today and start earning toward reward travel even faster.

Register now

However when I click on through to Marriott it says:

Unfortunately, this promotion is not available, but new ones are on the way soon. If you believe you received this message in error, please verify the earning preference for your account matches the earning bonus for the promotion. Simply log on to MarriottRewards.com to verify and/or change your earning preference. If you need additional assistance, call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Care.
What's the story?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: CO Platinum--Not a COol aid drinker, Hyatt Diamond
Perhaps your marriott account is not set for miles. That is a problem I ran into with a similar offer.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
That did the trick, thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Generally speaking, Marriott Rewards points are far more valuable than CO miles if you're a Marriott elite. It isn't in your profile so I'm just throwing it out there. :-:
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm a HHiltonite on the fence. I'll qualify for MPlat via their status match challenge, then go from there.

The CO miles bonus will have worn off by then, so it will be good timing to decide whether to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.