EWR-MNL award travel

Old Feb 11, 10, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
EWR-MNL award travel

I have tried to search on CO.com and it seems the only thing available is a very long trip through Guam with 3 stops total. Is there anything else available though *A partners? I can't find any and think I am out of luck. Also, if I was traveling to HKG on a *A partner award, are there ever saverpass available for BF if it is not on CO metal? I did not think so but wanted to double check. Thanks for any insight!
Old Feb 11, 10, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by sjmoss23 View Post
I have tried to search on CO.com and it seems the only thing available is a very long trip through Guam with 3 stops total. Is there anything else available though *A partners? I can't find any and think I am out of luck. Also, if I was traveling to HKG on a *A partner award, are there ever saverpass available for BF if it is not on CO metal? I did not think so but wanted to double check. Thanks for any insight!
While CO.Com has gotten better about showing partner awards, it does not display everything, so your best bet is to call the award desk and see if they can find availability for you. Also, saverpass may appear on some routes and not on others very frequently, so you have to check it often to see if any seats have opened on the flights you're looking for. Again, call the rewards desk and see if there is availability in J on a partner carrier.

I believe the reward search tool on ANA will pick up most of the current availability as well.
Old Feb 11, 10, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Asiana flies to MNL from ICN and PUS. Singapore Air flies to MNL from SIN. And there are the CO Micronesia connections via GUM. You may have to call to find partner inventory.

For HKG there are options on UA, NH, OZ, SQ, TG, LH, AC, CA and probably others that I can't think of off the top of my head.
Old Feb 11, 10, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
You have the options of getting to MNL on Asiana (ICN), Singapore (SIN), Thai (BKK) or if all else fails, Air China (PEK)...
none of these show up on CO.COM, call or use other tools.

There should be absolutely no reason to pay Saverpass.
There has gotta be other options on partners transpac AC/UA/NH/SQ/TG/OZ
Old Feb 11, 10, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
There should be absolutely no reason to pay Saverpass.
There has gotta be other options on partners transpac AC/UA/NH/SQ/TG/OZ
Wow thanks all did not know there are so many options. Just curious about no reason to pay Saverpass. Shouldn't I always look for Saverpass since it costs less miles? I would assume partner awards are just as stingy for Saverpass as those on CO metal?
Old Feb 11, 10, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sjmoss23 View Post
Wow thanks all did not know there are so many options. Just curious about no reason to pay Saverpass. Shouldn't I always look for Saverpass since it costs less miles? I would assume partner awards are just as stingy for Saverpass as those on CO metal?
sorry I got confused and was thinking of Sleasypass (more miles)

I mean there is no reason to pay the more miles version for CO becasue there are so many partner possibilities.

Partner award varies. There really is no rule to it, but some carriers are easier than others on some routes, times of season, etc.

Search this Thread