Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can't check in to CAL flight on back end of non-CAL itinerary?

Old Feb 11, 10, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

This is probably very silly, but I have no experience in this.

My mom is flying Traverse City to ORD on American and the ORD to IAH on CAL tomorrow. She has the seat she wants on the AA flight, but I'm trying to get her on a bulkhead for the CAL leg.

We just passed T-24 on the CAL leg and I don't see any check in options anywhere. She is checked in on the AA leg.

When typing in the CAL record locator, I get "Continental.com check-in is not currently offered for flights that are operated by another carrier." There is a separate AA record locator that works fine for the AA leg.

Under view reservations, there is no "Flight Status" or Check in buttons or anything. She is elite, so there's no way to check the Upgrade Stand By List or anything like that either.

I tried calling, but their phones are still down

Bah! This crap never happens when I'm traveling.

Edit: I have no idea if this was booked through AA, or CAL or Orbitz or whoever.
Old Feb 11, 10, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
You have to check in at the airport for the CO flight... and for the seat you will have to call or wait til you get to the airport.
Old Feb 11, 10, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bajrbajr View Post
You have to check in at the airport for the CO flight... and for the seat you will have to call or wait til you get to the airport.
Got it. Thank you very much for the help, I appreciate it. Is there a trick to check the upgrade list for a flight without checking in? Also, which airport? The original (non-CAL) leg or the actual leg.
Old Feb 11, 10, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
I recently took a flight from AKRON to LAS. I bought the ticket at UA.com. When I checked in at the UA counter in Akron they printed me CO boarding passes for my connection in ORD. (I verified my check-in at ORD and the CO GA printed me new boarding passes)

For the upgrade standby list go to a CO counter as soon as you can. I think the gate agents can put you on a stand by list at your first airport... but you may have to wait til you get to the city where the CO connection is.

any CO gate agents may chime in to correct me on that.

Also, call CO and make sure your CORRECT OnePass number is in the record or you will get skipped for the EUA's.

I put my OP # in on the UA site but it didn't make it over to CO.

You can alsask the CO phone agent for the CO record locator...

Search this Thread