FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Can't figure out fare class pricing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1050178-cant-figure-out-fare-class-pricing.html)

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 6:28 pm

Can't figure out fare class pricing

I’m sure I’m just missing something obvious, but I can’t, for the life of me, figure it out.

When I use any of the various tools that show fare class availability and pricing, I get a fare of ~$400 for IAH-LIR in V class. When I price an itinerary in V class on CO.com, it comes up at $638 before taxes.

It’s fare class VR7CEN.

Am I just missing something simple, or is something wrong with one of the prices (either the fare tools or CO.com)?

Mackieman Feb 9, 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by tvetter01 (Post 13359749)
I’m sure I’m just missing something obvious, but I can’t, for the life of me, figure it out.

When I use any of the various tools that show fare class availability and pricing, I get a fare of ~$400 for IAH-LIR in V class. When I price an itinerary in V class on CO.com, it comes up at $638 before taxes.

It’s fare class VR7CEN.

Am I just missing something simple, or is something wrong with one of the prices (either the fare tools or CO.com)?

When are you planning on going?

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 13359824)
When are you planning on going? Also, that link you posted is for your session and will now display information to anyone who clicks on it.

4th of July, but the V fare prices out the same on all dates.

Thanks for the heads up, do you mind removing the link from your reply?

Steph3n Feb 9, 2010 6:47 pm

Routing rules have a lot to do with this, minimum nights stay, days of travel, etc.

BTW CO is looking for you a bit at least:
! In order to protect the privacy and security of your interactions, continental.com times out sessions after 20 minutes of inactivity. Any transactions for which you have received confirmation during the session are not affected, however you must restart any searches or any incomplete transactions. Please return to the continental.com home page.

sbm12 Feb 9, 2010 6:50 pm

Code:

Fare (A1):        CO HOULIR SRX14CEN fare (rules) ,  psgr type ADT        $99.00
Fare (A2):        CO LIRHOU VR7CEN fare (rules) ,  psgr type ADT        $199.00
Tax:        Costa Rica Tourism Tax        $15.00
Tax:        US International Departure Tax        $16.10
Tax:        US September 11th Security Fee        $2.50
Tax:        US Passenger Facility Charge        $3.00
Tax:        CO YQ surcharge        $240.00
Tax:        USDA APHIS Fee        $5.00
Tax:        US Immigration Fee        $7.00
Tax:        US Customs Fee        $5.50
Tax:        Costa Rica Security Fee        $2.38
Tax:        US International Arrival Tax        $16.10

Many international routes now involve YQ fuel surcharges that are not included in all pricing engines. I'm guessing that the $404 number you're seeing is from something like the KVS Fares/TVL engine, right? That leverages travelocity.ca and that site isn't including the YQ in the initial search results page so the numbers you see are lower than the actual price.

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 13359845)
Routing rules have a lot to do with this, minimum nights stay, days of travel, etc.

Actually that has nothing to do with it in this case.

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13359868)
Many international routes now involve YQ fuel surcharges that are not included in all pricing engines. I'm guessing that the $404 number you're seeing is from something like the KVS Fares/TVL engine, right? That leverages travelocity.ca and that site isn't including the YQ in the initial search results page so the numbers you see are lower than the actual price.

Yup, that's it. I knew it was something I should have figured out. Thanks.

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 6:58 pm

By the way, where did you get that fare breakdown table?

sbm12 Feb 9, 2010 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by tvetter01 (Post 13359924)
By the way, where did you get that fare breakdown table?

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Click the link on the bottom right to log in as a guest. Search for your itinerary and get to the page that displays the actual flights in question. On the left side will be a link to show fare details. That makes the list I copied above show up.

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 7:19 pm

Mackieman, do you mind removing the link from your reply?

Thanks.

sbm12 Feb 9, 2010 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by tvetter01 (Post 13360028)

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. CO finally sortof fixed that issue so the session SID times out eventually. That link now just returns an error.

Steph3n Feb 9, 2010 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by tvetter01 (Post 13360028)

Thanks.

Probably best to send private message so he sees it. However, the link is not a problem now, it gives an error that I pasted, so no real concern.

tvetter01 Feb 9, 2010 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 13360036)
Probably best to send private message so he sees it. However, the link is not a problem now, it gives an error that I pasted, so no real concern.

Actually, it looks like when I log in to CO.com, it makes the session active again, and shows the info from any browser.

Stupid on my part. Oh, well.