Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sbm12
The 7-day is for no change fee; the 48 hours is for no fare difference. That is what applies for wholly unused tickets and what I was commenting on.
Actually, that's not my read of it:

May make one change to their travel plans without change fees or advance purchase requirement for the *same* itinerary. Changes must be made within 7 days of waiver travel dates. Original booking code must remain the same.
Exception: For customers who reschedule travel to begin within 48 hours of their original departure date (before or after) for the same origin and destination, use the same booking code. If unavailable, book in the same cabin, and the service charge and add/collect will be waived.
My read from the first part is that you can change to the same itin within 7 days in the same booking code, no fees, no add-collect.

From the second part, if you make a change within 48 hours, try to get the same booking code, but if not, book in any bucket in the same cabin, and even exchange it. That's also in line with my UA experiences.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by channa
My read from the first part is that you can change to the same itin within 7 days in the same booking code, no fees, no add-collect.
Right. But if you get a new flight between 48 and 168 hours you pay for the new fare add/collect but not the change fee. If the same bucket exists the add/collect is zero. If not, you're screwed. Just like on CO.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Well, we toasted Delta for getting us down here to GCM on $405 dollar tickets (bought the day before the flights) with a couple pina coladas at lunch today, after a morning of snorkeling, with the money I will be getting back on my cancelled CO tix, and the money I did not spend on their $740 fare differential per ticket they wanted to charge me. That buys a LOT of pina coladas.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Well, we toasted Delta for getting us down here to GCM on $405 dollar tickets (bought the day before the flights) with a couple pina coladas at lunch today, after a morning of snorkeling, with the money I will be getting back on my cancelled CO tix, and the money I did not spend on their $740 fare differential per ticket they wanted to charge me. That buys a LOT of pina coladas.
Feh.

We had a *much* better time than that, not going to my family's Mardi Gras party, not watching parades, not hearing any zydeco music. Plus, we got to shovel snow 4 times!

So there.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Well you can add DFW and DAL to that list of airport with changes can be made to flight without fees. Travel dates are Feb 11 and 12. We are under a winter storm here with up to inches of snow accumulation by late tonight. It's been snowing hard since 4AM this morning nonstop. I have live here my whole life and this is as much snow as I have ever seen in the City of Dallas. It's snow not ice this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.