Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
WE-CARE is not the proper conduit for rebooking (and thus are basically clueless) - reservations and the airport staff are.
But it wouldn't make any sense for me to go to the airport and see what they can do, having in mind that all flights for the rest of today and tomorrow are cancelled.
WE-CARE re-booked me on CO1958 for Feb 11th.
This is the first time I see this flight (no meal and doesn't show in the CO schedule if you look the flight status between SFO-EWR instead of using the flight #).
I'm still concerned that it might get cancelled due to the weather and/or this flight just doesn't exist (as I mentioned same flight doesn't exist for other days except Feb 11th).

Forgot to mention, that WECARE wanted to charge me the fare difference. After complaining, they waved all the fees.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sfogate
WE CARE doesn't exist anymore, atleast via a phone call. If you are dialing that number you will be transferred to reservations.
Hallelujah!

That's one way to fix a broken department.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
This storm is forcing me into an extra day in DEN. I was originally booked DEN-IAH/IAH-EWR on 2/10, but IAH-EWR is canceled. I am now re-booked on the 8:20 AM DEN-EWR on 2/11.

What is the procedure for requesting original routing credit? Would a phone call to the OPSC do the trick?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by channa
Hallelujah!

But they have to go somewhere....
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:21 pm

Hallelujah!

Very funny.

I believe the department still exists but now all the communication will be done via emails.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Awtas
But it wouldn't make any sense for me to go to the airport and see what they can do, having in mind that all flights for the rest of today and tomorrow are cancelled.
WE-CARE re-booked me on CO1958 for Feb 11th.
This is the first time I see this flight (no meal and doesn't show in the CO schedule if you look the flight status between SFO-EWR instead of using the flight #).
I'm still concerned that it might get cancelled due to the weather and/or this flight just doesn't exist (as I mentioned same flight doesn't exist for other days except Feb 11th).

Forgot to mention, that WECARE wanted to charge me the fare difference. After complaining, they waved all the fees.
Flt 1958 must be an extra section flight. We often do this in bad weather conditions when we have to move a large number of people due to cancellations and have "extra" planes and crew available to us.

The last time I remember us doing this (in SFO) was when we were completely fogged in and had zero planes since they had all been diverted to other cities, like RNO, LAX and LAS. Our replacement plane was a DC-10 that was flown in that morning for us to use.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
CO Question

Hello CO Ft'ers,

I'm with my boss in Chicago and he's flying ORD-EWR on Thursday morning, I'm on UA tomorrow flying ORD-DEN. I'm asking for him if CO does what UA does durring IRROPS. I.E. My flight ORD-DEN has not been cancelled yet, however in calling UA they protected me on a flight ORD-DEN on Thursday morning. So I still have my seat tomorrow, and also have a seat on Thursday morning. Does CO do the same thing for elites?

When he called for flight options on Friday if his Thursday flight was cancelled, they had no options for him, saying possible Saturday, but Friday is all sold out. He asked if there were UA flights as an option, they said no, they could not put him on a UA flight even if it was a code share flight.

How does CO handle IRROPS for elites? In my experience UA finds a way to get us there, and the protection option is great, but it does take away a seat they could sell. (If my flight tomorrow goes out, then I call and release the seat back to UA for Thursday).

Thanks for any help you can give me to help him. BTW, he is a CO Plat.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

WE CARE doesn't exist anymore, atleast via a phone call. If you are dialing that number you will be transferred to reservations.
Just like UA did. Well, sortof. UA just got rid of the phone number completely. So did US, IIRC.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Just like UA did. Well, sortof. UA just got rid of the phone number completely. So did US, IIRC.
UA still allows 1Ks and GSes to talk to CS via 1K 1-Call. Wonder if CO is going to follow that route.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JLaw725
How does CO handle IRROPS for elites?
Night and day, my friend. Night and day.

Best to advise him to charge up his cellphone and make sure he has lots of minutes so to spend fighting, arguing, cajoling, and preparing his pliers to pull some teeth to get things done.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
Night and day, my friend. Night and day.

Best to advise him to charge up his cellphone and make sure he has lots of minutes so to spend fighting, arguing, cajoling, and preparing his pliers to pull some teeth to get things done.
LOL, he's already spent a lot of time on the phone with CO, and I overheard the conversation, including to CO part (loud talker), and the res agnt was actually a bit rude (kind of like the way UA used to be). I told him the UA trick, hang up and call back, maybe you'll get a nicer agent.

But you mean to tell me that CO doesn't at least try to make things work for Plat's? Channa, I see from your profile that you are also a UA 1K, so you probably know how much things have changed for the better in dealing with GS and 1K's. When I called UA, there were many flights full ORD-DEN on Thur and she told me that many of those "full flights" were actually protections from elites who's flights had not even been cancelled yet.

If you call CO and fight, argue, cajol and pull the teeth, do they eventually do something for you, or do you have to wait for the flight to actually be cancelled?

He also asked the res agnt if his flight is cancelled does he as a CO Plat get preference over non-elites on re-booking and the agent told him, no, everyone is equal on rebooking. If true, it's nice to know every one is equal, but as we know durring IRROS on UA and possibly AA, everyone is not equal and elites are at the top of the pecking order during IRROPS.

Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:02 pm

Quote:
Hallelujah!

Very funny.

I believe the department still exists but now all the communication will be done via emails.
Hey SFOG, we need some hot air blown around EWR tommorow. Any know it all posters come to mind?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Either the computers have gone wobbly bonkers or the flight I was believed to have been cancelled based on a strange automatic e-mail (flight disappeared from itin) and talking to a lovely res. agent or something gone wrong. My flight's still being sold and people seem to be moving to it. I'll be really ticked if I see this flight take of on Thursday knowing I missed an important meeting and conference because CO computers when nuts.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Either the computers have gone wobbly bonkers or the flight I was believed to have been cancelled based on a strange automatic e-mail (flight disappeared from itin) and talking to a lovely res. agent or something gone wrong. My flight's still being sold and people seem to be moving to it. I'll be really ticked if I see this flight take of on Thursday knowing I missed an important meeting and conference because CO computers when nuts.
Have you figured this out yet? After reading this, I check my itn and the same thing happened to me. Supposed to fly EWR-AUS tomorrow and was auto-rebooked to fly on Friday. Called to change to a Thursday routing EWR-ATL-AUS. Now it shows I am flying home on Sunday, but the EWR-ATL is still showing on schedule.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JLaw725
But you mean to tell me that CO doesn't at least try to make things work for Plat's? Channa, I see from your profile that you are also a UA 1K, so you probably know how much things have changed for the better in dealing with GS and 1K's. When I called UA, there were many flights full ORD-DEN on Thur and she told me that many of those "full flights" were actually protections from elites who's flights had not even been cancelled yet.

The computer takes Plat into consideration -- so when a flight cancels, or they anticipate a misconnect, and there's limited space on the next one, the ordering of who gets it is done by status.

But if you're calling to try to be proactive, CO is nowhere near as cooperative as UA, IME.

If you call CO and fight, argue, cajol and pull the teeth, do they eventually do something for you, or do you have to wait for the flight to actually be cancelled?
CO reps are very driven by metrics and call times, so they have an incentive to get you off the phone, so they seem more prone to BSing you than other airline agents.

That said, I use that to my advantage. Once I get BSed, I start chit-chatting with them, asking how it's changed, and why in *A we can't do that now, I thought they used to, how I've been Elite for a long time, and it's amazing all the changes that happen, some for the better, some for the worse. Then ask if we can escalate or talk to someone else about it. Maybe if we pitch it to a supv, they'll go for it, etc. Just keep talking.

Once they realize you're not going away, and the fastest thing to do is to help you, you may get a reluctant agent to cooperate.

There's always the redial approach as well. My last irrop took 3 agents to reroute me around a snowstorm.

He also asked the res agnt if his flight is cancelled does he as a CO Plat get preference over non-elites on re-booking and the agent told him, no, everyone is equal on rebooking. If true, it's nice to know every one is equal, but as we know durring IRROS on UA and possibly AA, everyone is not equal and elites are at the top of the pecking order during IRROPS.
Computer vs. agent as noted above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.