Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cova
CO's most profitable route.
That's nothing to do with them delaying / moving it. No different to any other international flight, all of which are generally the most likely to still fly in the event of bad weather, for aircraft positioning reasons.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Considered trying to get an UA SFO-IAD but CO would not consider. I said how about CO flight numbers SFO-ORD-DCA but as much as they show on co.com - CO agents can't see them even the CO flight numbers. Just does not make sense at all - CO pushes DCA-ORD-SFO flights more on co.com then they do their own flights - but comes to IRROPS - no dice.

What about GG REACCOM? You're *G, if there was space, they should've given it to you.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Considered that - but of course all the flights are full. Other issue is transportation to get home. The Metro system is closed above ground - so taking bus to West Falls Church metro is not an option. Metro to remain closed all day Monday as well.

Same issue at DCA - Metro closed - but I may have better luck with RedTopCap as they would only have to go major streets to near their operations center (about 5 blocks up the street from me).

Considered trying to get an UA SFO-IAD but CO would not consider. I said how about CO flight numbers SFO-ORD-DCA but as much as they show on co.com - CO agents can't see them even the CO flight numbers. Just does not make sense at all - CO pushes DCA-ORD-SFO flights more on co.com then they do their own flights - but comes to IRROPS - no dice.
SHARES is very finicky when it comes to handling OAL (including CO* codeshare) flights, but the needful can get done. The agents can absolutely see the codeshare flights if searched for properly. The key is for the agent to pull up the inventory from origin to destination and not just on a point-to-point basis.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
What about GG REACCOM? You're *G, if there was space, they should've given it to you.
Indeed, the whole point of the flight numbers is moot because the customer should have been reaccomodated onto the United flights under UA's own flight numbers. As a general rule, IRROPS rebooking under codeshare flight numbers is discouraged because the systems of the airlines involved do not always transmit/receive all necessary information in time.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
SHARES is very finicky when it comes to handling OAL (including CO* codeshare) flights, but the needful can get done. The agents can absolutely see the codeshare flights if searched for properly. The key is for the agent to pull up the inventory from origin to destination and not just on a point-to-point basis.

It's possible the system is programmed to deliberately restrict options to agents, or make the codeshares difficult to see.

Just like the GG REACCOM policy that most agents don't know about -- it's there, and I'm sure the *A folks saw it as part of CO's application, so at least on paper, CO has a viable IRROPS policy. But in practice, it might as well not be there, and CO really just pulled a marketing fast one on the Star Alliance accreditors.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Member

US Airways has already extended their weather waiver to cover operations at PHL and other cities, including EWR, through the 11th now, since another big storm is expected on the 10th.

http://www.usairways.com/TravelCenter/Advisories.aspx

Accuweather saying storm likely to amount to 8 to 15 inches with blizzard like conditions on Wednesday.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nj/new...ler=1&metric=0

Continental needs to get their weather waiver in place for Wednesday flights already!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Poop. Job interview in the affected area on Wednesday. I guess I'll show how proactive of a person I am and call today to see what they wanna do.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm now wrried about our late Thursday PHL-ORD flight.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Decisions, decisions...

I have to be in ILM Wednesday morning, and have plans here in NYC on Tuesday evening. Can't decide if I roll the dice and hope my 9a ERJ LGA-ILM is flying or scrap my evening plans and fly out the night before the storm.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
It's possible the system is programmed to deliberately restrict options to agents, or make the codeshares difficult to see.

Just like the GG REACCOM policy that most agents don't know about -- it's there, and I'm sure the *A folks saw it as part of CO's application, so at least on paper, CO has a viable IRROPS policy. But in practice, it might as well not be there, and CO really just pulled a marketing fast one on the Star Alliance accreditors.
I'll give a little benefit of the doubt at the moment because CO is still new to Star Alliance and the airline's agents literally got bombarded with all sorts of new rules and procedures all at once. In any event, all Star members go through go periodic rigorous auditing for compliance with alliance-mandated procedures, and shortcomings can and are addressed at both an individual carrier and an alliance-wide level.

What I would agree wholeheartedly with is CO sending around a quick reminder message to its agents about the GG REACCOM and general Star Alliance reprotect policies given the ongoing weather issues if it hasn't done so in recent days.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
There would have to be a ridiculous weather problem for CO to cancel the TLV flights.
My concern is that CO cancels my LAX-EWR flight (CO 16), which departs LAX at 10:20AM and arrives at EWR 6:20PM. It looks like we would take off from LAX ahead of the storm (and therefore hopefully be given clearance to land in EWR), as long as CO does not proactively cancel the flight for positioning purposes.

As of now, there's plenty of availability on the 8:30AM flight to EWR (1703), so I'll just monitor it throughout the day.

Last edited by SS255; Feb 8, 2010 at 9:21 am
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'm now wrried about our late Thursday PHL-ORD flight.
I'm now worried about my early Thursday morning EWR-ATL flight.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:09 am

What does GG REACCOM specifically provide during an IRROPS?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by polarissilver
What does GG REACCOM specifically provide during an IRROPS?
I believe GG REACOMM is the code that will allow CO agents to read the guidelines concerning accommodation of pax to other airlines during irrops, including WX. I believe it allows for re-routing on alliance partners after a two hour delay and any other airline after four hours.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:43 am

CO reservation desk changed my Wed AM LGA-IAH flight to Tues PM EWR flight. I figure if I get screwed on the EWR flight, most likely I would be on the LGA flight then (as the weather seems to be getting worse over night)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.