Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Terminal A to C - Secure shuttle?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by belynch
CoEx actually utilizes two piers in Terminal A at EWR. I'm not sure if UA uses one of those two (definitely not the one with B6) but there's a chance the OP could take a double-bus connect to stay inside security to get from A to C. @:-)

ABE style. :-::-:
Sadly for the OP, no. CO has operations primarily in A2 and ancillary stuff in A3. UA only operates out of A1. The OP will have to leave the secure area and re-clear.

Originally Posted by hughw
That flight came into Gate 15 today, different pod. CO's gates are all in the 20s.
CO also uses a couple 30s gates. But nothing in the teens.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Connections

Originally Posted by belynch
CoEx actually utilizes two piers in Terminal A at EWR. I'm not sure if UA uses one of those two (definitely not the one with B6) but there's a chance the OP could take a double-bus connect to stay inside security to get from A to C. @:-)

ABE style. :-::-:
Its not the cases . United flights land at gates 15-17 and the other CO gate is at 31. I think the OP will need to leave the secure area.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by ezinternet
Hi Nrastro - My best (happiest) EWR terminal transfer story goes like this:

Very delayed into Newark from ORD because of Wind/Weather (said fly.faa.gov); evidently someone sneezed so EWR slowed down -- it certainly was sunny and calm when I landed.

Arrived Terminal B and heading to CO, so I had to get to Terminal C. Went upstairs. Monorail was out-of-service with the platforms completely packed, so I wouldn't be on the first, or second, train even if it started running. Bailed there. Headed to baggage level looking for inter-terminal shuttle. All the way at end of building and another line more than two filled buses worth of travelers waiting.

I walked out on the ticketing level with a $5 in hand looking for a cab dropping off a passenger, or a friendly looking civilian, just to take me a bit around the circle. Wound up hitching a ride on one of the parking shuttle buses. Got dropped upstairs, Terminal C center.

My fastest connection ever.
B to C is only a 6 or 7 minute walk.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sbm12
Sadly for the OP, no. CO has operations primarily in A2 and ancillary stuff in A3. UA only operates out of A1. The OP will have to leave the secure area and re-clear.

CO also uses a couple 30s gates. But nothing in the teens.
Continental has one gate in A1 now. My 2558 flight to Omaha last night was originally scheduled out of A10 and there were multiple flights leaving from A10 and A10R last night. Ultimately the inbound was delayed and we were moved to A25. The shuttle bus now operates from A1 to A2 and then from A2 over to C. I can confirm this as I used it to transfer last night The OP should be OK without having to re-clear security due to the changes.

Last edited by Mr.Nuke; Jan 8, 2010 at 5:06 pm
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:05 pm

2558 to Omaha tonight is also scheduled for A10.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
uhg. yes. the shuttle just sits there and sits there . . .

Originally Posted by hughw
That's true, and unless you see an exceptionally short security line going into the portion of Term A where CO gates are and the shuttle leaves from, you would do better just taking the monorail over and clear security at C as the monorail generally runs about 3 or 4 minutes while you might have a 15-20 minute wait for the shuttle.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 5:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke
Continental has one gate in A1 now. My 2558 flight to Omaha last night was originally scheduled out of A10 and there were multiple flights leaving from A10 and A10R last night. Ultimately the inbound was delayed and we were moved to A25. The shuttle bus now operates from A1 to A2 and then from A2 over to C. I can confirm this as I used it to transfer last night The OP should be OK without having to re-clear security due to the changes.
Wow...that's new. I wonder who they displaced or traded with to get that. It will make the RCC and UA transfers accessible. That's nice. ^
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Wow...that's new. I wonder who they displaced or traded with to get that. It will make the RCC and UA transfers accessible. That's nice. ^
I am going to ask about this at IAH next week as well, as several have asked about UA transfers there, and I will probably be taking one here before too long as well. ^
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:35 am

I got the impression by overhearing the gate agents talking that this change had just occurred very recently. Based off of this link, A10 was AirTran's gate. Obviously this makes a lot of sense considering the recent slot exchange.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, *A Gold
Reporting back after flying:

There are signs on the wall opposite Friday's for a "Continental shuttle A2 -> C" just as you exit the low-teen A gate area heading down the hall towards ticketing/baggage claim. There is a secure door on the left and a few chairs. The door leads outside, down stairs to a shuttle bus, guarded by private security staff. The shuttle bus runs to another part of the A terminal; I suppose A2. Again, a waiting area, this one at ground level. To get to C I needed to board a different shuttle bus at that same pier for the ride to Terminal C.

Entire elapsed time from door to door was 15 minutes. Stayed airside entire time and avoided another pass through TSA.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, *A Gold
Reporting back after flying:

Entire elapsed time from door to door was 15 minutes. Stayed airside entire time and avoided another pass through TSA from TA to TC.

There are signs on the wall just as you exit the low-teen A gate area heading down the hall towards ticketing/baggage claim opposite Friday's for a "Continental shuttle A2 -> C". There is a secure door on the left and a few chairs. The door leads outside, down stairs to a shuttle bus, guarded by private security staff.

The shuttle bus runs to another part of the A terminal; I suppose A2. Again, a waiting area, this one at ground level. To get to C I needed to board a different shuttle bus, at that same pier, for the ride to Terminal C airside gates.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
airside transfer domestic terminal A/C to int'l terminal B?

Searching found this thread, hopefully I am close enough to on-topic

Is there an airside transfer from a domestic CO flight (A or C terminal) to an international flight (B terminal)?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by neko
Searching found this thread, hopefully I am close enough to on-topic

Is there an airside transfer from a domestic CO flight (A or C terminal) to an international flight (B terminal)?
No - you will have to do this transfer land-side (walk or monorail).
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold (1.8M), CO Silver (2011)
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Um, no. UA is in the first pier and CO is predominately in the 2nd pier and utilizes 2 gates in the third. The scenario you suggest is not possible. Again, the OP will be reclearing security no matter what.
I have flow CO Express and departed from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd piers ("banjos") on flights to DTW. Continental is using 10L and 10R in the UA pier which means that they have bus service from the 20s pier over to the 10s pier. I don't know whether they would allow you to use that for a UAL flight but they do have shuttle bus from the 2nd pier to both the 1st and 3rd piers.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:38 am

Sorry for reviving a 3 year old thread, but is this info still current? Anyone know if there still is a shuttle between Term A and Term C that bypasses security? And if it is accesible from all of Term A? I have to do this in a few weeks and given it is a Monday morning transfer would rather go with a consistent transfer time via shuttle even if it is longer than best case scenario via AirTrain than roll the dice on how long security lines might be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.