Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd *A routings from co.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Odd *A routings from co.com

Deleted

Last edited by climmy; Jan 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by climmy
I must hand it to CO. All up, they've really done a good job of getting *a routings priced into the website very well. I get multiple options on getting from SFO to various points in Europe.

However, this is really kinda funny. If I search various dates for a Biz class purchased ticket from SFO-SYD, it returns SFO-IAH-LAX-SYD.

Ok, fair enough. I figure I'll simply wipe out the SFO-IAH by just searching LAX-SYD. Then it returns LAX-IAH-SFO-SYD!

Is it simply putting in the IAH stopover to provide a segment on CO metal?
Sounds great from a miles perspective, I'd not complain Sounds like CO engine is making a query to .bomb and feeding back results, I like, I like....as long as it works more often than .bomb
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by climmy
Is it simply putting in the IAH stopover to provide a segment on CO metal?
Yes. It's doing this because the SFO-SYD and LAX-SYD flights aren't available as CO codeshares (at least they weren't when I checked). CO.com won't just provide a response that is 100% on other airline metal unless they are CO codeshare flights. So for example, you can find IAH-FRA flights operated entirely by LH because CO codeshares on them.

Your best approach for this type of flight would be to buy elsewhere - either UA.com or Expedia, etc.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:59 am

I've had similar crazy selections just so there was a CO flight in there. I've had FCO-IAD-EWR-PHL as well as FCO-IAD-IAH-PHL
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'm at the DL SC in ORD midway through a YQB-YUL-ORD-SFO so I feel everyone's pain.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I saw the same thing a few weeks ago. But look at it this way - at least you would get more miles.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cova
I saw the same thing a few weeks ago. But look at it this way - at least you would get more miles.
True - you're often paying a big premium for it though, at least from the searches I've done.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: CO Silver
A few months I ago I was looking to go from San Diego to Antigua. Getting there was no problem (SAN-EWR-ANU). Coming back however the return leg of the EWR-ANU flight arrives after the last flight from EWR-SAN, so website evidential thought ANU-EWR-LHR-IAH-SAN was the best way to "avoid" an 8 hour layover. That was the first choice! ANU-EWR-EWR-MUC-IAH-SAN or something like that was also "available" further down the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.