The Blame game

Old Dec 26, 09, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
Angry The Blame game

What is it with CO just blaming everything onto their express carries, in this rant it would be Chautauqua Airlines.

I tried to get different flight out of CLE because my AC was stuck in ORD for at least 3+ hours (I refuse to fly trough ORD for this reason and I still get burned). The elite refused to put me onto another carrier saying it was ATC faut, GA definately says otherwise, the fact there was no ATC delays on my route.

I would think when flying out of a hub that CO would make some kind of arrangment when an inbound aircraft is severly delayed for whatever reason.

Ok I am done my rant, it felt good. Just have to accept being stuck in CLE for 5+ hours.
Old Dec 26, 09, 3:52 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
What is it with CO just blaming everything onto their express carries, in this rant it would be Chautauqua Airlines.

I tried to get different flight out of CLE because my AC was stuck in ORD for at least 3+ hours (I refuse to fly trough ORD for this reason and I still get burned). The elite refused to put me onto another carrier saying it was ATC faut, GA definately says otherwise, the fact there was no ATC delays on my route.

I would think when flying out of a hub that CO would make some kind of arrangment when an inbound aircraft is severly delayed for whatever reason.

Ok I am done my rant, it felt good. Just have to accept being stuck in CLE for 5+ hours.
EddieG

It's nice to rant, but for other people on this board to sympathize with you, a few details such as flight destination, CO's alternative, etc will help us in comprehending your plight and angst. Supply it whenever you wish .

Last edited by radonc1; Dec 28, 09 at 9:09 am
Old Dec 26, 09, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
...just got worst, last call in the PC! BTW trying to get to PHL
Old Dec 26, 09, 4:18 pm

Programs: TK*Gold; WN A-list; AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Some have reported similar issues with CO in similar situations. Many have said that CO will rarely admit fault so that they would need to move you to another airline. It's always either weather or ATC....hence not their fault...hence the customer needs to "sit down, shut up and wait it out". They don't want to give up the revenue so they'll do what they can to have you wait it out. CO is not unique in this behavior though.

I've heard (on twitter from an ORD airline) that there are many weather delays out of ORD. For quite awhile the takeoffs and landings per hour were severely reduced there--by around 2/3rds. This is probably the issue...hence they are not required to do anything...so they likely won't.

Last edited by Renard; Dec 26, 09 at 4:25 pm
Old Dec 26, 09, 4:42 pm

Our guide lines (dated June 26, 2009) state that you can be re-accommondated on Alliance partners after a 2+ hour delay and re-routed to other airlines after 4+ hour delay even during weather or ATC delays.
Old Dec 26, 09, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA
The elite refused to put me onto another carrier saying it was ATC faut, GA definately says otherwise, the fact there was no ATC delays on my route.
What did the GA say to counter this? ORD has been under an ATC traffic management program for the majority of the day. The FAA is reporting that the average delays are still over 4+ hours at the time of this post.
Old Dec 26, 09, 5:33 pm

Programs: CO/UA; Hyatt
Originally Posted by sfogate View Post
Our guide lines (dated June 26, 2009) state that you can be re-accommondated on Alliance partners after a 2+ hour delay and re-routed to other airlines after 4+ hour delay even during weather or ATC delays.
Thanks sfogate. Is this guideline published anywhere that pax could print it or show it to the airport agents? Or is there an internal way of referencing this guideline (I don't know, maybe something like "rule 30-G" or whatever)?

And is this guideline still in effect with the change to StarAlliance?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 26, 09, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by CALfly5 View Post
Thanks sfogate. Is this guideline published anywhere that pax could print it or show it to the airport agents? Or is there an internal way of referencing this guideline (I don't know, maybe something like "rule 30-G" or whatever)?

And is this guideline still in effect with the change to StarAlliance?

Many thanks!
I am not at work and the sheet I have (a quick reference guide) does not show the computer entry. I will have to research this and get back to you on Monday.

I see no reason why this guideline would change due to moving to the StarAlliance.
Old Dec 26, 09, 8:42 pm

I am not at work and the sheet I have (a quick reference guide) does not show the computer entry. I will have to research this and get back to you on Monday.

I see no reason why this guideline would change due to moving to the StarAlliance.
I left my CAL QRH and Shares Notebook at home =(
If I recall correctly it might be under GG REACCOM if not...I will check back in January =)
Old Dec 26, 09, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The elite refused to put me onto another carrier saying it was ATC faut, GA definately says otherwise, the fact there was no ATC delays on my route.
In these situations, it seems the elite line will say what's necessary to avoid doing something and get you off the phone.

This seems reasonable. Though getting the call center to do anything like this can be trying.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by channa View Post
In these situations, it seems the elite line will say what's necessary to avoid doing something and get you off the phone.

This seems reasonable. Though getting the call center to do anything like this can be trying.
I don't know about that....yesterday I reaccomidated 2 passengers on Air Canada YYZ-HKG due to a security delay. I work in the call center.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks and a follow up. Is it enough that the Flight shows say a 2/1/2 hr delay or must 2 hrs actually pass before we can be reaccomadated?
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Thanks and a follow up. Is it enough that the Flight shows say a 2/1/2 hr delay or must 2 hrs actually pass before we can be reaccomadated?
It's a guide line that we should follow but we are empowered to do what we think is best on a case by case basis.

I would like to believe that if you are on a delayed flight and traveling to a destination that is difficult to get to, that we would re-route you sooner then later. I know I will because ATC/weather delays have a habit of becoming longer than what is posted.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by COGal View Post
I don't know about that....yesterday I reaccomidated 2 passengers on Air Canada YYZ-HKG due to a security delay. I work in the call center.

Wow...I need your extension.

I've even had trouble getting CO agents to rebook me on wide open CO metal.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a guide line that we should follow but we are empowered to do what we think is best on a case by case basis.

I would like to believe that if you are on a delayed flight and traveling to a destination that is difficult to get to, that we would re-route you sooner then later. I know I will because ATC/weather delays have a habit of becoming longer than what is posted.
If only all GAs were a Clone of You

Search this Thread
Search Engine: