FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Chase CO Preferred Debit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1030567-chase-co-preferred-debit-card.html)

theblakefish Dec 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Chase CO Preferred Debit Card

Howdy all,

I was wondering if an existing Chase CO World MasterCard member is eligible for all of the mileage bonuses and such if opening a New Chase Checking Account with the Preferred Debit Card?

Thanks!

njcommodore Dec 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish (Post 13032332)
Howdy all,

I was wondering if an existing Chase CO World MasterCard member is eligible for all of the mileage bonuses and such if opening a New Chase Checking Account with the Preferred Debit Card?

Thanks!

Absolutely! Someone even reported opening a business account as well. I have three (MC, PPMC and the debit card).

lastumps Dec 22, 2009 10:00 am

Yes, I get my points posted each month from my Chase preferred debit card.

No delays at all.

Benjh Dec 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Do you guys know if I'm eligible, having had a checking account in the past?
(if it's relevant, this account was closed without my knowledge by chase because I had left it idle with $5 on it for a few months. I was pissed, it's the reason why I've tried to have nothing to do with Chase since then.).

fly4work Dec 23, 2009 1:17 pm

^The Chase Preferred Debit Card not only gives you OnePassmiles but a cash back bonus at certain retailers as well! Best of both worlds in my opinion! I have both a personal and business one and I love getting the miles for something I normally use anyway!

FT Lurker Dec 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Benjh (Post 13043531)
Do you guys know if I'm eligible, having had a checking account in the past?
(if it's relevant, this account was closed without my knowledge by chase because I had left it idle with $5 on it for a few months. I was pissed, it's the reason why I've tried to have nothing to do with Chase since then.).

Yes, I did this earlier in the year.

You are eligible for the bonuses once per calendar year.

pawtim Dec 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Does anyone know if the "once per calendar year" rule is measured by when the account is opened or by when the bonuses post? I want to sign up for a new account on 12/26/2009. (This is posted on the frugal travel guy blog today.) I wonder if I'd be eligible for another bonus if I sign up for another account in 2010. Obviously the bonus points from signing up this week won't post until January or February 2010.

theblakefish Dec 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim (Post 13050894)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Does anyone know if the "once per calendar year" rule is measured by when the account is opened or by when the bonuses post? I want to sign up for a new account on 12/26/2009. (This is posted on the frugal travel guy blog today.) I wonder if I'd be eligible for another bonus if I sign up for another account in 2010. Obviously the bonus points from signing up this week won't post until January or February 2010.

I asked when I opened my account, and they said it is once per account, once per calendar year. Meaning, I can get another one after January 1st!

tkey75 Dec 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish (Post 13062859)
I asked when I opened my account, and they said it is once per account, once per calendar year. Meaning, I can get another one after January 1st!

In fact, I'm counting on it, for both my business and personal accts. 25k bonus good until 3/31 for both types.

Also, a biz acct. waives minimuns, fees and atm fees on your personal.

mybagfits Dec 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 13063243)
In fact, I'm counting on it, for both my business and personal accts. 25k bonus good until 3/31 for both types.

Also, a biz acct. waives minimuns, fees and atm fees on your personal.

probably reading this too literally- but how would you get a second bonus on the SAME acct?

read not literally, I read this as wait through min holding - close initial acct- rinse repeat by opening a new acct again next year??

pawtim Dec 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks for the info. I didn't get a chance to open an account yesterday, but I'm planning to open a biz and personal account tomorrow morning, and again next year. Probably I'll do one at a time in 2010 to test out whether this year's opening really does count for this year.

GOP_Tiger Dec 29, 2009 8:41 am

probably reading this too literally- but how would you get a second bonus on the SAME acct?

read not literally, I read this as wait through min holding - close initial acct- rinse repeat by opening a new acct again next year??
You do not need to close your account before opening a new one the next year and getting the bonus. In fact, if you close your account within 6 months of opening, you could lose your miles. There is no problem with having multiple accounts in your name which get you the bonus. I currently have 3 CO debit card accounts open (I accidentally opened my personal account without the bonus, so I went back and opened another account with the bonus), and I've been assured that I'll have no trouble opening new business and personal accounts on Jan 1.

BTW, my banker has no problem with my opening multiple accounts for the points, but then again I do use my original accounts as my primary checking accounts and as my primary purchasing cards for myself and my business. The new cards on the new accounts will be used for the 5 necessary purchases and then discarded and I'll take all the money out except for $5 or so and then wait six months to close them.

Starblazer Dec 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Last time I checked it was 5 purchases per month to avoid the monthly fee on the checking account.

pawtim Dec 31, 2009 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Starblazer
Last time I checked it was 5 purchases per month to avoid the monthly fee on the checking account.

I opened accounts on 12/29, and this was true as of then.

rkaleal Jan 2, 2010 11:52 am

Online App

Hey All-

I am trying to open up another account now online. When I go through the process, it registers the coupon codes correctly, but it hasn't provided me anywhere to enter my OnePass number. Has anyone done this via the internet and can confirm that there is a place to enter your current onepass number so it doesn't open up a new OnePass account?

Thanks,

RJ