Wiki Posts
Search

Chase CO Preferred Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by rkaleal
Hey All-

I am trying to open up another account now online. When I go through the process, it registers the coupon codes correctly, but it hasn't provided me anywhere to enter my OnePass number. Has anyone done this via the internet and can confirm that there is a place to enter your current onepass number so it doesn't open up a new OnePass account?

Thanks,

RJ
OK - as a follow up. Got someone from Chase on the phone who indicated that because I already had an account they had my CO #. Now I just keep getting a stupid "error - unable to complete" message...
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:22 pm

I got rejected for this offer today at my Chase branch. Banker said I already had this offer. Then I showed him the language about calendar year. He said he'll open a dispute and call me Monday. But if the on-line app is not working either, my guess is that maybe it's still 2009 in Chase IT-land? Today isn't a real banking day, is it? I would try again Monday. Please report back, and I'll do the same. Anyone successful at the branch today??
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:50 am

Kinda weird, opened 2 accts (per,bus), I got 10 miles depoed right away but been waiting for the others to hit. I made the required visa debit purchases (non pin) right away.

Opened both at the same time and only have that one credit of miles so far.

Any idea who best to contact to get the ball rolling? Chase? OnePass??

note- it has not been 6-8 weeks but feedback seems to be miles hit sooner.

thx for the help. waiting to use miles to upgrade to BF.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FYI -- if you only want the miles and don't really plan to use the debit card, the $25/year card will work just fine. The offer works with *any* Continental branded Chase debit card.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Just opened my personal account and started spending. Just curious- when do they charge the $25 annual fee?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Just opened my personal account and started spending. Just curious- when do they charge the $25 annual fee?
For me it posted approx 1 month after opening the account
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xyzzy
FYI -- if you only want the miles and don't really plan to use the debit card, the $25/year card will work just fine. The offer works with *any* Continental branded Chase debit card.
For the Biz acct you dont have a choice it states its the 1 with the $65 fee, Per acct you are correct
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: Commoner... just a onepass (non-elite)
I cannot find the difference between the debit and the preferred debit card. What does the extra $40/year get you?

If I already have a debit card for my chase banking account, do I get another, for the continental debit card, or replace my current one?

thanks
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blue3715
I cannot find the difference between the debit and the preferred debit card. What does the extra $40/year get you?

If I already have a debit card for my chase banking account, do I get another, for the continental debit card, or replace my current one?

thanks
Preferred debit gets you 1 mile per dollar while the regular one gets you 1 mile per 2 dollars.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:31 am

thanks
Preferred debit card gets you 1 mile per $, regular card gets you 1 mile per $2.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:35 am

thanks
steps for debit card:
1. go to co.com and locate debit card/credit card offer, get to debit card offer page and print out a coupon
2. take the coupon to a local branch to open a new checking account. They have two versions of debit cards, $25/year for earning 1 mile per $2 spend, $65/year for earning 1 mile per $1 spend. For debt card charges to earn miles, you need use it as "credit" at POS, i.e., not by entering a PIN.

You'd get 25k sign-on bonus miles plus free checked luggage, no matter which version of the CO branded debit card you get. Just be sure to read T&C and also pay attention to checking account fee wavier and balance requirements.

Similarly, you can go to co.com and apply for a credit card (the offer is up to 35K sign on miles as of now). You could get both the debit card and credit card. There is also another version of credit card with superior benefit but it also comes with a significant annual fee if you don't fly enough CO or require lounge access then it might not be worth it for you. Good luck.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
What if I do not have a branch near me?

Hello all FTers, please help I need these 50K miles badly and I do not have a local branch. How would I open an account?
Thank you,

Naroowal
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
dose the promotion have any residency restrictions? I'm Canadian.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:50 pm

you may be screwed

Originally Posted by naroowal
Hello all FTers, please help I need these 50K miles badly and I do not have a local branch. How would I open an account?
Thank you,

Naroowal
I had to wait for chase to buy out washington mutual banks to get branches open in Georgia...i was told account had to be opened at a branch...signed up sept 09 as soon as my washington mutual branch became chase, got 25k waited 6 months, closed account with no penalty and opened new one for 25k more

I know your frustration i would have loved to gotten the keybanks keycard promo for points, mileathon credit and the $150 for opening a checking account...but Georgia isn't on the list so tough stuff.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:29 pm

anyone not given all the mile bonus

I opened 2 accounts, one personal and one business - they posted 10,000 miles in each and then 12,500 in each. This bonus was to be for 25000 miles each - where are the other 2500 miles? I really don't want to sit on hold for 30 minutes - does anyone know what happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.