Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase CO Preferred Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by sunfun
I opened 2 accounts, one personal and one business - they posted 10,000 miles in each and then 12,500 in each. This bonus was to be for 25000 miles each - where are the other 2500 miles? I really don't want to sit on hold for 30 minutes - does anyone know what happened?
The last 2500 miles always come a few weeks later. No need to call, just be patient.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
CO Chase - Full Line Up

I as well have the Continental MC, Personal Checking, and Business Checking.

The beauty of the last two (the checking accounts) is that Chase seems to run them annually and you can continue to take advantage of the promotion so long as you don't apply twice in a calendar year.

I opened both accounts in Fall 2009 and just opened them up again in April 2010. I closed the 2009 ones after all the points posted and I satisfied the time requirements (usually around four months after opening, to be safe).
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
They really take their time (1x a month) to post the miles! I have reward tickets to enhance, and I am on banker's time now!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish
They really take their time (1x a month) to post the miles! I have reward tickets to enhance, and I am on banker's time now!
It's great - you forget all about the promotion so whenever your onepass account jumps by a couple thousand you feel like you just found cash in your pocket.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:19 am
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
Changing business accounts to CO accounts for miles

I have non-CO business accounts with Chase that I opened up about a year ago. I don't use them much, but have been holding off on closing them out because I want to have my everyday business credit card and everyday Chase debit card changed to Conty cards for the points. My problem has been figuring out how to ensure that I get the mileage bonuses for these. Are the bonuses that are in the 20,000 mile range on-going? Do I just go into the bank and talk to a banker or do I need a promotion code, etc.

Anyone with experience in this type of situation?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by benFlys
Do I just go into the bank and talk to a banker or do I need a promotion code, etc.
Check out the first post in this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...se-offers.html

Click on the checking account links and print out the coupon. Each coupon number is unique so be sure to reload the page if you're printing out more for other people. I think the offer is good through June.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:30 am
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
Great, but is there any bonus available for the Business Credit Card?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Angry

Getting my OnePass account number linked to my newly opened Chase Continental Debit card has been a nightmare!

I signed up for OnePass and the promotion through the internet. As a previous poster has stated, there is no field to put your OnePass account number. After my OnePass account was created and I completed the application for the debit card, I e-mailed Chase Customer Service through chase.com

I asked that they link my OP account# provided in the e-mail to the debit card so that I receive the bonus miles and miles from transactions. I received a reply saying that the accounts were linked, but to e-mail customer service back after completing qualifying transactions to verify. I completed the transactions and responded to the e-mail to ask for verfication.

The response I received was:
"We would like to inform you that your bonus miles will be credited directly to your Chase Continental Airlines Debit
Card within six to eight weeks after the first qualifying
purchase posts. As long as you will not enter your PIN for
card purchases, you will earn miles. Some restrictions do
apply."
My thoughts are, "How can you credit the bonus miles without my OP account#? The miles are being credited to my actual DEBIT card and not OP account?

I respond again and ask for verification of my OP account number. I receive an e-mail back saying that the representative is going to forward the message to another department.

Getting impatient after a few days, I call the Chase customer serivce number. I simply asked, "I would like to verify that Chase has my correct OnePass account number for my Continental Airlines Debit Card." The agent then asked what the account number was and I provided it to her. Then she said, "I will have to transfer you to Continental's Department." After that, she transfered me over to Continental Airlines -- which from the recordings sounded it like it could have been a reservations line. And then, the phone call was disconnected.

Surprisingly, shortly after the call disconnected, I receive an e-mail back from Chase.
I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Your
Continental OnePass Rewards number is XXXXXXX. This is
the account that your Continental Debit Card is linked to.
The OP account number they verified with is NOT the OP account number that I provided them with.

I logged onto Continental's website and it looks like Chase created a new OnePass acount for me. Since, I recently opened my account, I have 0-miles, so it's no big deal. The concerning part though is my address is listed incorrectly as well as my contact phone number.

I've decided to keep my Chase-opened OnePass account as the main one (which apparently my debit card is linked to) and ask CO to close the other one, as to not have my bonus miles go into "limboland"

What a pain in the neck this process has been! Hopefully the free flight I've earned will be worth all of this.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:20 pm

Hello, I signed up under this promotion:
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...&ID=0000010494

So I was under the impression that I would receive a total of 25k miles. However, today I got 10k bonus for 'Chase Checking Bonus' and 12.5K for 'Continental Debit Bonus' for a total of 22.5k. Has anyone seen or experienced this before?

Who should I call about this? Chase?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by ethang801
Hello, I signed up under this promotion:
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...&ID=0000010494

So I was under the impression that I would receive a total of 25k miles. However, today I got 10k bonus for 'Chase Checking Bonus' and 12.5K for 'Continental Debit Bonus' for a total of 22.5k. Has anyone seen or experienced this before?

Who should I call about this? Chase?
Come on! Read the thread for crying out loud! It's been said twice already, and not later than post 31, a few above yours!
the last 2.5k post later, just be patient, if you can.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Benjh
Come on! Read the thread for crying out loud! It's been said twice already, and not later than post 31, a few above yours!
the last 2.5k post later, just be patient, if you can.

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2010, 2:12 pm
RNE

How long exactly does one have to keep open the Chase checking account for there to be no forfeiture of miles? I've read 4 months and 6 months above. Is there anything definitive?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:27 pm

Missing 10,000 Chase checking bonus?

My version of the story is a bit different from the rest of you.

From what I gathered in all the posts it seems like the miles are posted as three separate transactions

1. 10,000 Chase Checking Bonus
2. 12,500 Continental Debit Bonus
3. 2,500 Continental miles (to be posted several months after account opening?)

I opened my Chase Checking account on 10/30/2010, made 5 qualifying purchases with Chase Continental Debit card, and I got 12,500 Continental Debit Bonus on my OnePass account on 11/18/2010.

I'm still missing #1 and #3. I don't care much about #3 as it's only 2,500 miles, but #1 10,000 Chase Checking Bonus is a big chunk of miles, which still hasn't been posted to my acccount yet as of 11/24/2010.

Did this happen to anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.