Search

EQMs from 12/31 - this year or next?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IC Amb, Citi Prestige
EQMs from 12/31 - this year or next?

Hi everyone,

This is probably a silly question since I know what a calendar year means, but just for the sake of toying with the idea that MAYBE it will work in my favor - here goes:

I am already a platinum for 2009, and I am being sent to Lisbon on 12/31 for 4 nights. Any chance that EQMs from my outbound flight will count towards 2010 elite status although the flight is still in 2009?

I apologize again for the silly question.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it's a silly question.

EQMs will count in the year that your flight is scheduled to depart. No exceptions.

Perhaps you can route via another city in Europe, at least you'll get EQMs on your connecting Star Alliance flight the next morning.

BTW -- kind of sucks having to spend NYE on an airplane...I hope you're at least in BusinessFirst!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.