EWR Clubs

Old Dec 10, 09, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Plat, DL Plat, AA Gold, US Air Silver, Hertz Gold, Marriott, SPG Gold, Avis,
EWR Clubs

Dear FT,

I am a *A Gold/CO Plat. I am not a PC member. What lounges can I access at EWR? Can I access access all the terminals on the sterile/plane side or do I have to go back through security?

Thanks,
Old Dec 10, 09, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
As G you can access the PC on an outbound international itinerary only. Being CO Plat doesn't grant you PC access. You can also get PC access if you're traveling in CO BF.
Old Dec 10, 09, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by zjacoby View Post
Dear FT,

I am a *A Gold/CO Plat. I am not a PC member. What lounges can I access at EWR? Can I access access all the terminals on the sterile/plane side or do I have to go back through security?

Thanks,
Lounges are on the air side. You can access the lounges only if holding a *A boarding pass on an international flight. CO flyers can also use them with an AMEX Plat card for any *A flight, international or not.
Old Dec 10, 09, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Plat, DL Plat, AA Gold, US Air Silver, Hertz Gold, Marriott, SPG Gold, Avis,
Originally Posted by Mackieman View Post
As G you can access the PC on an outbound international itinerary only. Being CO Plat doesn't grant you PC access. You can also get PC access if you're traveling in CO BF.
What about the other lounges at EWR that are not Continental Presidents Club?
Old Dec 10, 09, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zjacoby View Post
What about the other lounges at EWR that are not Continental Presidents Club?
In theory, you could get into the LH/SK lounge in Terminal B with a same-day ticket on a *A airline. You have to be able to get past security in that part of the terminal, though.

The rules for the RCC are the same as for the PC -- need a PC membership or need to be on an international itinerary.
Old Dec 10, 09, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by hughw View Post
Lounges are on the air side. You can access the lounges only if holding a *A boarding pass on an international flight. CO flyers can also use them with an AMEX Plat card for any *A flight, international or not.
In talking with a knowledgeable CO PC agent, it appears that CO may be requiring a departing int'l flight from that airport, not just a same-day int'l BP which is the customary *A requirement.
Old Dec 11, 09, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phudnik View Post
In theory, you could get into the LH/SK lounge in Terminal B with a same-day ticket on a *A airline. You have to be able to get past security in that part of the terminal, though.

The rules for the RCC are the same as for the PC -- need a PC membership or need to be on an international itinerary.
Are there any clubs on street side of security at EWR? (Any terminal)

Search this Thread