Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Possible to transfer miles between *Alliance accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO Silver

I've got about 20k in miles sitting in my United account, which I would like to transfer over to my OnePass account. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how to go about it?

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by booper
I've got about 20k in miles sitting in my United account, which I would like to transfer over to my OnePass account. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how to go about it?

Thanks!
nope, not possible to transfer miles between different airline programs.

ETA: My suggestion would be to either buy the miles or credit a CO flight to your UA account to get enough for a free ticket or upgrade. There's always airline credit cards.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO Silver
Yes, I had to credit a short-haul flight to UA to keep my miles from expiring. Was hoping there might have been a better way, but seems like there is not.

Thanks for the response.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can try the Mileage Converter on webflyer.com, but usually there is a fair amount of "leakage" when transferring between programs.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
with 20K miles, I would designate UA on hotel stays or rental car usage to get to 25K; use it; then let it die. using airline trips gives up EQM toward elite or mm status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.