FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   EWR on int'l coach ticket - lounge options? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1023966-ewr-intl-coach-ticket-lounge-options.html)

chollie Dec 4, 2009 10:24 pm

EWR on int'l coach ticket - lounge options?

Title says it all (and yes, I've tried to search an answer).

I'll be on SEA-EWR-DEL in Y. Best lounge choice? Don't drink, watch TV, have a laptop. Shower would be great, munchies a plus.

hughw Dec 4, 2009 10:29 pm

Amex platinum card or PC membership.

sdm1130 Dec 4, 2009 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by chollie (Post 12929034)
Title says it all (and yes, I've tried to search an answer).

I'll be on SEA-EWR-DEL in Y. Best lounge choice? Don't drink, watch TV, have a laptop. Shower would be great, munchies a plus.

I am assuming you are Star Gold and flying CO the whole way? If so, you are limited to President's Club lounges only as you will arrive and depart from Terminal C. The C3 club is, IMO, the nicer of the two and has a few shower rooms that are available for use. The lounge also has a TV room, free WiFi and some cheese, crackers and chips to snack on.

chollie Dec 4, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know! Been around FT long enough to know that not all lounges are created equal...:)

FT Lurker Dec 4, 2009 10:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I prefer the hexagon lounge near C90, but if you want to shower before the flight you should go to the lounge near C120.

tvetter01 Dec 4, 2009 10:46 pm

Assuming *G or Pres. Club membership, you should be able to get into any President's Club or United Red Carpet Club. If you'll be using AMEX Plat, you should only be able to access the Pres. Clubs.

Your best bet for a shower will be the the President's Club in C3 (first floor).
The President's Club in C1 (second floor) has an interesting view of the terminal from above, if you like that kind of thing. No shower here.
Both will have free wireless internet and neither will have much in the way of food (crackers, prepackaged cheese, and bags of chips/fritos).

There's also a PC and a United Red Carpet Club in terminal A, but I've never been to either (there is also a shower in this PC). If you're flying into and out of C, and you don't have a ton of time, these might not be an option (or at least not worth the hassle).

Many people would say that the snacks are better in the RCC, and I love that they have full sized glasses for my diet coke (Continental's tiny glasses in the PC's drive me crazy). If you're there in the morning (unlikely, if you're connecting from SEA), I like CO's bagles for breakfast.

Depending on how long you're there, you can try them out and pick the one you like best.

Edited to Add: Wow, I wasn't anything like fast enough...

chollie Dec 4, 2009 11:07 pm

Five hour (scheduled) connect time, so unless I encounter delays, I should have time to check more than one out. I think I'll start with the shower first, then move on.

BTW, no AMEX, just CO Plat/*G (on a Y ticket).