Search

Staus match--'10 or '11?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
Staus match--'10 or '11?

Hi everyone,

I got a status match on CO back in April of this year. Anyone know if this is good through Feb '10 or Feb. '11? My card says '10, but I've read elsewhere that I'd get a new card for '11, if I were to re-qualify.

I'd like to know because I have some trips I need to book soon for March-April. I'd rather go CO, but if I'm only Silver through Feb. '10, I'll be forced on AA as I have already re-qualified (sorry, the baggage fee makes the difference).

Thanks all.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Most likely only through Feb '10.

You can get a first bag free for the whole year as little as $40 via a Chase card if you still want to fly CO. But based on the fact that you didn't requalify for Silver even with DEQMs it sounds like you'd rather fly AA AAnywAAys.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
When I got my status match (from NW Plat) a couple of months ago, I asked them to clarify the expiration. They responded back in writing that the status was good through Feb 2011.

If all you're trying to do is avoid baggage fees there are more effective ways to do that, including packing lightly.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
If you status match in 1H of a calendar year, your match will only be valid through the end of that calendar year. If you match in 2H, the match will be valid for the balance of that year and the entire year thereafter.

About 5 years ago I status matched (AA Gold to CO Silver - once I started flying for work on a regular basis, I RAN from AA), and because I had done so in June, CO tried to drop my status at the end of that year (I fell about 1,500 EQM short.) I called the OPSC and appealed, as it was never expressly indicated on the match form I completed and talked my way into the extra year.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
So I status matched at the end of October - don't think it went through until November. I just received a card in the mail yesterday with 2/10 expiration. I'm hoping that I'll get another card with 2/11 expiration later? It is in 2011 that I had planned on qualifying for real.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Only 2/10 expiration date cards are available now. 2/11 expiration date cards will arrive in February.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
IIRC Continental's cut-off date for matches lasting until February of the following member year is June.

If you match in May of year Y, your status expires in February of the following year (Y+1).

If you match in June (though for sure July) of year Y, your status expires in February of Y+2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.