Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Aero Republica now gives 100% EQM... Wake Up, Copa!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver

Since October 25, 2009, Aero Republica (P5) provides 100% EQM and EQP on all eligible fare classes.
http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...aspx?ItemId=65

Copa, however still does not unless the ticket is purchased through copaair.com.

Funny thing is, Copa uses P5 for many PTY-Colombia flights. So according to the revised earning structure, one can book a flight on Orbitz, earn 50% EQM on Copa metal, and 100% EQM on Copa flight number on P5 metal.

I hope Copa moves to a revised structure like CO and P5. It's too expensive to buy a multi-destination ticket on copa's website because they price the middle segment(s) at full Y prices.

Last edited by AdamSouthFL; Nov 22, 2009 at 7:43 pm
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:43 pm

I agree!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:47 pm

Copa's no longer owned by CO though they still use the OnePass reward system. I'm not sure CO has any power wrt mileage earnings at Copa.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJ1120
Copa's no longer owned by CO though they still use the OnePass reward system. I'm not sure CO has any power wrt mileage earnings at Copa.

You're right.. they don't have any power over CM. But it seems strange that CM, owner of P5, would change the EQM and EQP on P5 but not on CM.

I'm just hoping that the problem is that CO.com just needs to be updated.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Copa now joined the 100% EQM club!

Great news!!!

http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...spx?ItemId=320

100% EQM on Copa flights booked through any channel.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Great news....but how do you find out booking class when you book on Copa or 3rd party? I want to earn full EQMs. I'm looking at tickets to SCL and the difference in price depending on booking site is astounding....CO is $3599, COPA is $1600, Orbitz is $1200. For economy on same flights thru PTY. Anyone know why CO doesn't want to sell these tickets (with two legs on their metal)? I assume then I can book on Orbitz and earn EQMs if I can verify what booking codes they use.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benjy
Great news....but how do you find out booking class when you book on Copa or 3rd party? I want to earn full EQMs. I'm looking at tickets to SCL and the difference in price depending on booking site is astounding....CO is $3599, COPA is $1600, Orbitz is $1200. For economy on same flights thru PTY. Anyone know why CO doesn't want to sell these tickets (with two legs on their metal)? I assume then I can book on Orbitz and earn EQMs if I can verify what booking codes they use.

On Orbitz, once you pass the page to enter the passenger name, there are links for terms and conditions, fare rules, etc. There you will find the fare code.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: CO Plat
Any experience with buying COPA tickets through 3rd party and customer service, seat assignments, EUA's etc? After years of buying only on CO.com, this will be 1st time going to other source.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by benjy
Any experience with buying COPA tickets through 3rd party and customer service, seat assignments, EUA's etc? After years of buying only on CO.com, this will be 1st time going to other source.
I had to call in to make changes and get my OnePass number on the reservation and split the PNR but otherwise everything worked just fine. That was 2.5 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.