Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

eligible for mileage after re-booking from AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that

My wife tried to fly on American Airlines to Madrid. The first flight (Am. Eagle) had a mechanical and she missed her direct connection from DFW to MAD and instead was put on a flight to London. She was then put on two Air France flights that took her from LHR via Paris to MAD. All this happened on Oct. 24, one day before the switch-over to Staralliance, so Continental and Air France were still allied. However, none of the Air France personnel put her Continental FF # into the system, telling her that there was no alliance any longer. She was issued boarding passes showing her in Y, but the boarding passes were the only documentation of a ticket with Air France. I assume that he AA e-ticket was used to issue the boarding passes.

So, the question: Is she eligible for the miles flown from LHR to CDG and then from CDG to MAD? If so, what steps should we take to get the credit? I realize that we're talking about relatively few miles and that the whole thing may be more time-consuming than it might be worth. Still, I'm wondering whether she is eligible or not.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Every time I've been rebooked onto another carrier, the airline always hands me a new e-receipt. Did she not get one of those?

I would use the best possible documentation she has and the form for missing credit, along with the BPs and hope for the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.