Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Presidential Plus + President's Club

Continental Presidential Plus + President's Club

Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by tomball73
i pay $350 yearly for the AMEX plat - worth it to me as I get into the CO lounges as well as anywhere else so long as i'm booked on the ticket. The new kicker that i was fed from AMEX is that since CO now reciprocates with UA/US Air is that if I'm holding a CO ticket - and present my AMEX Plat I can have lounge access at their lounges (domestic or international) plus have 1 person along.

I've done this before at the Delta Rooms - holding a CO ticket, and show my AMEX Plat - they swipe the card and voila... in like flint!

To me the CO Mastercard limits you - it limits you to only that room - but since the AMEX covers every major airline in their agreement - (my understanding) is as long as the ticket your holding operates in the same alliance or network then you're fine. Just an FYI. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Z.
Actually, the Chase Card gives you a regular President's Club Membership which will get you into RCC and US Clubs. I have used this new membership at all three in the past three weeks.... Also, you do not need to be ticketed on the designated airline to enter any of the clubs... SO, my assessment would be that the AMEX is the truely limited card... One more reason, I refuse to deal with them outside the one AMEX Hilton card that I am seriously debating dropping.

Originally Posted by Billiken
Two weeks ago I saw a CO passenger with AMEX Plat card denied access to the PHL RCC.
If he hadn't been so rude when informed by the lounge dragon I would have brought him in as my guest.

I think the same guy may or may not have been the guy who tried to access the US Club in PHL when I was there last week. I thought about guesting as well, but he had that arrogant DYKWIA AMEX card holder attitude-so I opted not...
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:26 am
RNE

"Bronze Elite," if you will. :)

Originally Posted by controller1
Yes. When you review the flight mileage credited to your OnePass account, the line under the flight number should read "Presidential Plus 25% Elite Mileage Bonus".
OK. I should have mentioned that I just opened the PP account last week. My next booked flight isn't until April (unless business travel materializes), by which time my elite status will have gone bye-bye. Therefore, I won't get an elite mileage bonus.

More to the point, what I am saying is this: Shouldn't CO have something in my account saying something to the effect of "Elite Airport Services". That would let me know before I take my next flight that my boarding pass will say "Elite Access". I shouldn't have to wait until check-in time to find out something is amiss and then scramble to have it fixed. Right?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RNE
OK. I should have mentioned that I just opened the PP account last week. My next booked flight isn't until April (unless business travel materializes), by which time my elite status will have gone bye-bye. Therefore, I won't get an elite mileage bonus.

More to the point, what I am saying is this: Shouldn't CO have something in my account saying something to the effect of "Elite Airport Services". That would let me know before I take my next flight that my boarding pass will say "Elite Access". I shouldn't have to wait until check-in time to find out something is amiss and then scramble to have it fixed. Right?
Why worry about something that is months away (April)? Make a purchase on the card. If it posts to your account then you can rest assured your account has been properly flagged and when you print your boarding pass in April it will say "elite Access". Additionally, you will soon receive a President's Club membership card as a result of your PP account. It will show your OnePass number and state "Presidential Plus" which will be further evidence that your account has been properly flagged as a PP account holder.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:58 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by RNE
OK. I should have mentioned that I just opened the PP account last week.
Did you get the $150 travel club bonus?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:12 am
RNE

Originally Posted by controller1
Why worry about something that is months away (April)? Make a purchase on the card. If it posts to your account then you can rest assured your account has been properly flagged and when you print your boarding pass in April it will say "elite Access". Additionally, you will soon receive a President's Club membership card as a result of your PP account. It will show your OnePass number and state "Presidential Plus" which will be further evidence that your account has been properly flagged as a PP account holder.
Again, I might travel before April. And I have called CO to confirm my status, so I'm not overly worried about it. Still, I think that's beside the point. My Account page should identify the Elite Airport Services for which I have paid, shouldn't it? That's what the My Account page is for, right?

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Not yet, but you can bet I will keep an eye on that and let you know.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Where do you find out about this bonus? I got a card for a $75 credit for signing up for this card, but I'd rather have this $150.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:03 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...se-offers.html
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:16 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by srodr
Where do you find out about this bonus? I got a card for a $75 credit for signing up for this card, but I'd rather have this $150.
Be aware that there are multiple Chase card offers and they can change from time to time. J.Edward and I are talking about the Continental Airlines Presidential PlusSM World MasterCard®. The $150 TravelBank offer expires January 31, 2010.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Again, I might travel before April. And I have called CO to confirm my status, so I'm not overly worried about it. Still, I think that's beside the point. My Account page should identify the Elite Airport Services for which I have paid, shouldn't it? That's what the My Account page is for, right?

I find no reference on the My Account page to the card-related Elite Access.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Actually, the Chase Card gives you a regular President's Club Membership which will get you into RCC and US Clubs. I have used this new membership at all three in the past three weeks.... Also, you do not need to be ticketed on the designated airline to enter any of the clubs... SO, my assessment would be that the AMEX is the truely limited card... One more reason, I refuse to deal with them outside the one AMEX Hilton card that I am seriously debating dropping.
I agree with the AmEx Plt limitations. I have AmEx Plt solely for PC access and may be $100 per month of spending at Costco. I can only get into PC when fly Continental. The limitation had never bother me before since I never considered flying with NW or DL domestically. However, I will consider flying UA, it might be time to get President Plus instead of AmEx plt.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:05 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by michelle227
I find no reference on the My Account page to the card-related Elite Access.
Thanks. With all the other crap on the My Account page (see below), I don't think it's asking too much to show entitlement to elite airport services. I e-mailed CO about this yesterday. I'll let everyone know if/what they reply.

Welcome, RNE
OnePass Number: XX000000
Mileage Balance: 2,718,281
OnePass Elite Level: Uranium
Star Alliance Elite Level: Uranium
Year to Date Elite Miles: 1,123,581
Year to Date Elite Points: 666
Flexible Elite Miles: 0
Lifetime Flight Miles: 3,141,592
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:27 pm
RNE

I received my Continental Airlines Presidential Plus World MasterCard today and when I called to activate it, I asked the nice gentleman at Chase when I might expect to receive my 150 greenbacks. "After your first purchase," he replied. OK. A lap dance at the Platinum Horse should do nicely. ^
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
I don't think there's a place on the My Account page that shows it, but there is a backdoor way of finding out if PC access has been linked to your OP number.
From just about anywhere on CO.com, go to Products and Services>President's Club Lounges. On that page, there should be an item under Replacement Cards that says "Request a New Card". Click on that and if your OP number is linked to a PC membership, you should see a membership expiration date listed. Don't actually finish clicking through to request a new card or you'll probably get charged. Also, I don't think the links in this post will give you the info you want unless you've already logged in at CO.com. Hope that helps!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
I agree with the AmEx Plt limitations. I have AmEx Plt solely for PC access and may be $100 per month of spending at Costco. I can only get into PC when fly Continental. The limitation had never bother me before since I never considered flying with NW or DL domestically. However, I will consider flying UA, it might be time to get President Plus instead of AmEx plt.
Put me on the bandwagon for duming the Amex Plt for this card. If anyone else is doing it, you will only get a pro rated portion of your annual 450 fee back if you have another Amex.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:16 pm
RNE

I was thinking about my benefits with CO as a Bronze Elite and I'm wondering what the association is between Chase and CO. Does Chase have similar cards with other airlines? Do other card issuers have such arrangements with airlines? Are there cards offering elite benefits with UA or US?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.