Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Where do I look to determine the advance purchase requirements?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:35 am
Original Poster

I'm looking at booking a flight on Continental and trying to determine the advance purchase requirement is confusing. Here is a snapshot of rules and restrictions page on CO's website. Should I be looking at the Sales and Restrictions section, which would mean that I have to purchase the ticket by Nov 5 or should I be looking at the Advanced Purchase Requirement section?

Please review the fare rules for each segment. The most restrictive set of fare rules applies to the entire itinerary.
City Pairs Fare Class Fare Basis Code
JAX - BER S SLXNC20S
AMS - JAX S SLXNC20S

Fare Basis Code SLXNC20S
Sales and Restrictions
FOOTNOTE TEXT
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05NOV 09.
GENERAL RULES TEXT
TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY PTA. PTA CONSTITUTES TICKETING.

Advance Purchase Requirement
FARE RULES TEXT
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 3 DAYS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
WAITLIST NOT PERMITTED.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE
WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
GENERAL RULES TEXT
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Clear to me - tickets must be issued by Nov 5 AND at least 72 hours in advance of departure. So if you're traveling on or after Nov 8, then you can wait until the 5th (but watch the time of day). BUT if you're traveling on the 7th, then it'd be the 4th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.