Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ: Post ALL Star Alliance Updates, Comments & Questions Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLEASE READ: Post ALL Star Alliance Updates, Comments & Questions Here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Arrow PLEASE READ: Post ALL Star Alliance Updates, Comments & Questions Here

In order to keep things moving in somewhat orderly fashion, I am creating this thread as a one stop location for updates, comments & questions related to Continental's entry in to the Star Alliance.

Some points to keep in mind:

1) Continental does NOT officially enter the Star Alliance until tomorrow, 27 October 2009.

2) Many details about Continental participation can not be officially discussed until that time, so have some patience and keep a look out for announcements and web site updates. http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../alliance.aspx

3) This is a MAJOR information technology undertaking in the best of situations, so given some of the legacy systems involved do not expect it to be without hiccups and bugs. Please post specific CO.com issues on the sticky thread AFTER everything gets released tomorrow.

4) There will be a webcast tomorrow regarding the entry in to Star Alliance: http://tinyurl.com/yf3dtp2

5) Until further notice, please do NOT continue to create new threads regarding Star Alliance but rather post within this thread to make it easier to track, review and moderate.

Last edited by MBM3; Oct 26, 2009 at 10:34 am
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
Anyone else notice on their boarding passes yesterday (10/25) it already lists our Star Alliance elite level? I was surprised to see it already.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:19 am

Terminal Maps have been updated. Also if you look in the map for IAH you will notice flight number ranges for CO flights operated by UA.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:34 am
Original Poster

The signage here in CLE is up and waiting for uncovering first thing tomorrow.

No word as to whether UA and/or AC plan on moving from Terminal B.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by jetboy787
Anyone else notice on their boarding passes yesterday (10/25) it already lists our Star Alliance elite level? I was surprised to see it already.
Just FYI today working at the airport I saw a boarding pass that said Platinum/STAR SILVER. That is a quirk that I am sure they are trying to fix..
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
While tomorrow is the official day of joining the *A, I think November 1 is when we will start seeing a large amount of the integration.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: UA BIS Million Miler, AA Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Prez, Avis First
Will United's RCC and Continential Presidential Club Merge?

I fly United 90% of the time and have been toying with the idea of signing up for the United Visa with RCC bonus. However, my home airport of AUS has no United RCC but there is a Continental Presidential Club.

So I was thinking of signing up for the Continental Credit Card which includes the Presidential Club membership. But got to thinking if United and Continental are joining forces through the Star Alliance program this November, might their clubs join forces too? Or will they remain separate?

In other words, if I were a member of the Continental's Presidential Club would I be grated automatic access into United's RCC after the Star Alliance merger? And vice versa.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Unless UA and CO actually merge the RCCs and PCs will remain separate. As for reciprocity, there are numerous threads and posts on that very topic and updated information is available on CO.com.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
As for reciprocity... updated information is available on CO.com.
Not really all that updated right now. I mean the site redesign is pretty, but there is no information about the expected full reciprocity for the RCCs there yet.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:36 am
Suspended

I hope the boarding pass alone will be good enough for star gold lounge access.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by airphone
I hope the boarding pass alone will be good enough for star gold lounge access.
Beyond the airline of the FFP itself (and sometimes, not even then), a Star Gold boarding pass is almost never good enough as status verification for lounge access.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:55 am
iwc

I am pleased to report that OLCI now recognizes *A FF 's along with corresponding status. There is a box on the right hand side that states Elite Access listing benefits such as priority boarding and priority baggage handling. No mention of UG possibility.

Also the top shows CO with the *A banner.

Way to go.^
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:00 am

Looks like the first CO *A flight is well on its way (CO 903 CNS-GUM). And a look at the seat map shows fewer than 30 people on board, a bit of a slow way to kick off the alliance...
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
*A and RTW Reward

I need to hit the EDI, DME, and DXB the first 2 weeks in December from IAH. I was thinking about redeeming a RTW reward (Business Class) on *A once the CO flights are in the system.

Any suggestions? I have flown on 2 RTWs in the last 5 years (1 paid, 1 reward) and I remember the headache trying to book the reward.

Is it worth it, or is there even a chance of getting one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.